Pages

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

And She's Back..

It's true. I've returned.. older, wiser, um.. dirtier.. than when I left just over a week ago with a couple of braided-haired girlfriends, crossed four states, left lush forests for the dusty playa, baby wiped my entire body for my daily 'shower' and managed not to freak out about how my dainty emailing hands quickly turned into a construction worker's over night.. and had one of the most amazing experiences of my life.

I have a ton of stories about the people I met, the incredible creativity within the camps and art cars we saw, the breathtaking art pieces, and just the amazingly generous spirit of most of the people there. I highly recommend the trip to everyone.. it was something I'll never forget and I hope I can do again and again - I'll just have a better idea of what to expect now.

I'm still absorbing the effects, not to mention recovering from the sheer exhaustion of traveling and eating pounds of dust I'm sure and thus, picked up a little head cold at some point that reared its ugly head the morning after we'd left the playa so bear with me and be patient this week. Pictures are uploaded but I have to sift thru mine and then steal others' since I couldn't get everywhere over five square miles of dried up lakebed for everything. There were just too many distractions, but I will get something out soon my pets..

And huge HUGE thanks to Indy and Ammogirl for stepping in while I was away. I'm sure my five readers have now given up on me for good and will be your newest fans, which they should've done anyway. I bow to you both with great respect.

Off to bed for further recovery. Hope you all had a fabulous week and I'll write very very soon.. like.. maybe tomorrow! Crossing fingers!

5 comments:

kario said...

SOOO glad you're home again. We missed you! I'll bet Emma's happy you're home, too.

Can't wait to hear all the stories!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Anonymous said...

what finn said.

Anonymous said...

Hello darling, should we check in frequently this weekend for the post about your experience? You'll be putting it up soon, yes?

Miss Devylish said...

kario: Thanks hon! Emma was very glad to have me back. She's extra lovey these days, I can tell. Will have more soon! xoxo

finn & oneday: Thanks! As soon as I'm able, there will be stories, honest.

Treens: God, I don't know. The 'little' head cold I mentioned has turned into a raging monster that forced me to call in sick to work today and I slept and slept. I still feel woozy and out of it. Will try to find the time soon soon! xoxo