Pages

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Nth Level Of Happy


So you know what I forgot for the second time in a row? My blog-versary. Hi. It was in April. Hellooo.. where the hell was I?! A mile-marker of THREE YEARS passes me by and I COMPLETELY forget til three months later? Wtf? Because all of you have been so incredibly sweet and supportive.. those of you who've stuck around and those of you who've even come and gone.. and those of you who are new. I love everyone of you and appreciate the stopping by and taking in all my ramblings because holy crap.. I can talk.. as you all know.

I love that you're all over the world in little smatterings, but I don't need 100 hits a day to feel like my writing is there for me, for you, for a little entertainment for everyone involved.. and to make it all worth it. It's my outlet.. and I try to share enough so you can know me and keep enough out so no one is hurt and there's some privacy for the necessary people and things. So thank you for coming by, thank you for your comments and I hope to see you all here in another three years at minimum.. unless of course, I get run over by a bus tomorrow.. then that could impede that process.. but other than that happening, I'm pretty sure I'll be around.

Yay! Happy Belated Blog-versary To Me!

*******************

The rest of my world couldn't be righter.. I mean, honestly, I don't remember the last time I was this crazy happy. Like, it's insane the amount of time I spend smiling and trying to calm the butterflies in my stomach that have seriously exponentially multiplied since I've been seeing Jake (The Director), my adorably sweet, sexy, funny, owns-his-own-theatre and fucking brilliant BOYFRIEND. That's right.. It's been EIGHT YEARS people, which, incidentally, is more than half the time I've even lived in Seattle thank you - stupid more-women-than-men-per-capita problem here.. God.

So it's awesome.. He's awesome.. like.. Rockstar Awesome, which is the best kind of awesome. And we're so frickin cute we're gross.. like that couple you see at Starbucks unable to stop kissing and giggling that you want to put out of your misery.. yeah.. that's us. We'll annoy you. We send 'I miss you's' in some form or another all frickin day - pictures we find, youtube videos.. I mean, he sent me this one the other day.. and there are little terms of endearment in extra small print at the end of our emails in various languages just to be extra cute and my heart gets all melty. Like there is just no way I can say that any of this sucks at all.

This last weekend, we had a pretty fantastic time of planning dinners together, wandering Pike Place Market like tourists, almost getting heatstroke on the deck while we had afternoon drinks (true story - he had to take care of me because I suddenly was so overheated and had no idea), going to game night at a friend's house where we won an outrageous amount of Twister, and I could feel that we were becoming more and more connected. Sunday was a bit stressful with theatre meetings amongst the company and the first production meeting for the first show of the season. There was a lot to do and when we finally made it back to his place to close out our evening, we knew, overall, not only had the whole weekend been really productive, but we'd had so much fun doing it.

Just before sleep, we have these moments where I think we both feel we can't get close enough to each other. And Sunday night, after this amazing weekend, that's where we were.. He'd already told me, in Japanese no less, that he was falling in love, but I couldn't say it. Or I couldn't look at him if I wanted to say that it was happening for me too. I told him over text that it was going to happen like any second.. and that night, not even realizing I had the voice to say it, I told him that I thought 'any second' had already passed - not that I could look at him while I said it.. But this man looked directly into my eyes and told me very sweetly that he'd already fallen for me completely........

And my whole world stopped for an entire minute.

I didn't breathe, I didn't even move because I didn't want that exact second to pass and be forgotten - when my heart grew about three sizes.

And then I realized he'd really said it - to me - and I buried my head into his shoulder and was somewhere between giggling and crying from being overwhelmed with that amount of simple happiness. I really couldn't believe it.. honestly, I still can't..

Did I mention he LOVES So You Think You Can Dance? AND musicals.. AND can play the guitar frickin beautifully?? The first time I think I stayed over with him, he pulled out the guitar and played whatever he was making up, which was lovely. When he was done, he took a moment, then broke into the beginning bars of John Mayer's 'Your Body Is A Wonderland' and I was like, "No No No.. c'mon now.." but was laughing the whole time and accusing him of blatant cheesiness, which he copped to. AAAAND he just lent me a gorgeous acoustic so I can finally learn how to play! YAY ME! Like seriously, the man is spoiling me.. HOW did I find him? I ask you.. because I have no idea. I think he's fucking magic..

So.. um.. you might want to prepare yourself for gushy posts.. tho I'm trying to keep from writing out too much saccharine.. but I mean, come on.. EIGHT YEEEAAARS people.. I think I deserve to be a little sugary, don't you think? Hee..

** I'd also like to give a big shout out to Fatima and Scott who share a birthday today. Happy birthday to the hottest mom I know.. and to the man with the pair of the most beautiful blue eyes I've ever seen. Happy all around! Mwah!

9 comments:

Indiana said...

So happy for you sweetie :-)

Breeza said...

Yay!!! That is awesome!

Miss Devylish said...

indi: Thanks sugar! Me too! xo

breeza: Yeah, I think so too.. hee..

Clayton said...

I am so, so happy for you. Jake is fabulous and I've never seen you glow like this. It's about goddamn time.

Gush all you want. Tell the world. Make out in public and show everyone that it's still possible to find something bright and shiny and filled with light in this world.

It's beautiful. And you deserve it.

Savor it, my dear friend.

PS. Murray helps celebrate your blog-birthday! Yay!

Booyah said...

Oh you guys. YOU GUYS. This girl here? The one who is all gushy gushy la la in this blog? You should see her in person. I'm thinking we have a new 'Shine' in our midst. She's out of control with her happy. And it's so wonderful to see.

Also, this guy? The one who is making her all gushy gushy la la? He's fairly awesome. And he hates Mary Murphy too. And will join me in pelting the television with mini marshmallows whenever Mary Murphy is awful, which is always.

Miss D, you keep being schmoopy. You wear it well.

Anonymous said...

SO COOL. You blog radiance. It makes strangers smile. ENJOY! BTW, what an incredibly cute video (The Weepies). I got all choked up looking at those little clay monsters.

Thanks for blogging.

lady miss marquise said...

Oh wow, you got me kiddo! You are infectious and I mean that in the most amazing way.

Everyone around me is falling in love, it's something beautiful to behold. Cherish it, you've earned it.

Love love love x

Miss Devylish said...

clayton: * blush * Thank you so much darlin.. that means the world to me. xo

boo: Thanks sugar.. love you..

anonymous: I know! Aren't they THE cutest? Love them!

Lady Miss: Thank you doll! Miss you so! xo

kario said...

So happy. So happy.

Now, when do Bubba and I get to meet him and look him over for you? (Bubba needs some practice giving guys the 3rd degree before the girls start dating, ya know!).