Pages

Monday, December 22, 2008

Go Away Snow Days.. So Over You

Ok.. um.. I'm done with it. The snow. Dude. I'm not kidding. Mom just called and cancelled Christmas. CANCELLED. CHRISTMAS. Hi. I'm a little pissed now. I mean, we're in Seattle. WTF is going on with this foot of snow?! And tomorrow they're predicting another 1-3 inches?! Crap.

I mean.. this stuff is fun:


Ana and I went on a snow day excursion thru Fremont yesterday and it was the perfect temperature.. well, with leggings on underneath my jeans, two pars of hiking socks, hiking boots, a tank, a long-sleeve shirt and wool turtleneck on along with my coat, scarf and gloves. Yeah.. perfect!

We shopped, had very fancy hot chocolate and found very fancy snowmen!

Yes! And that was all great and lovely.. and we had heaps of fun. Yay fun!

But you know.. that was Sunday. Today? Today is Monday. Today I had to go to work. And I made it there! Yay! But you want to know how many times I got stuck in the snow just attempting this get-to-work feat?! A frickin lot. Ok.. just two. But there were two more times when I tried to make it to Boyfriend's after work. That's 4 (FOUR!). AND.. for your information, I now know I need between two and three really strong guys to push me out when this happens. Now.. in this weather, there are plenty of two or three really strong guys.. but not many who don't get exasperated quickly when they find that my ass is stuck again RIGHT AFTER they JUST helped me get unstuck. Yes. Annoying. You don't even know.. I was this close to throwing a complete tantrum in my car because I was so utterly frustrated and near tears after successfully getting just blocks from Boyfriend's house and finding my car really doesn't like snowy intersections. No. Not at all. And strangers? Really not that nice. HI! IT'S CHRISTMAS PEOPLE! Would you mind HELPING a tiny little girl with big brown eyes get out of the way instead of HONKING at her? Yeah.. that'd be GREAT! Thanks SO much! You're AWESOME! And by awesome, I mean the meanest person ever.. so there.

Yeah. So Boyfriend came to my rescue. Literally. I was on the phone to the police pretty close to freaking out and she's trying to calm me down and telling me she knows exactly what I'm going thru and then the strangers push me out twice and I just pull over in the snow and give the fuck up. Yup. That's what I did. Turned off the car, said goodbye to the nice police lady and waited in my Stupid Snow Frustration. Jake arrived a few minutes later and I'm convinced nothing will change when he drives and he will only spin out like I was doing, but he smartly backs up and gets onto the road that is better (why the hell did I not think of that?!) and all of a sudden, we're at his place and that's that. Like magic.

I hate it when he's right. My hero! Yay!

But now we are at his place and we're making baked doughnuts for Hanukkah and corn muffins with honey and blueberries.. um.. for no reason.. just because. And mulled wine! And we're going to play Monopoly with his roommate and who knows what else!

I hope you are having fun wherever you are. Don't feel too sorry for me but you could pray for this silly snow to melt and the next Winter Storm Of 2008 that's due tomorrow night to kindly pass us by quietly and non-dangerously and stuff.. I would appreciate it. Because then maybe I could get to see my family and show off the Boyfriend and Christmas wouldn't be cancelled.. I mean.. c'mon.. you have to admit canceling Christmas is the lamest. Poor poor me! Send Bailey's to cheer me up! Or Kahlua! Or money! I'll save you a muffin.. yeah?

4 comments:

Breeza said...

I know how you feel! I'm here in Seattle too and the snow is driving me mad!! Enough already Mother Nature.

Anonymous said...

Honestly, I have to giggle a little at the snowy tantrum... come to NJ for a bit, and you'll get a quick lesson about driving in this evil stuff!!!

(glad you're OK tho, and I hope mom un-cancels Christmas!!!)

Miss Devylish said...

breeza: Yay! Someone who is commiserating! Yay! Stupid snow!

turtle: Well, Ms. Smartypants.. YOU have this awesome thing out there called a snow plow. We have some.. but I've seen one in the last week. There are only 20 for the ENTIRE CITY. I know that Seattle isn't as populated as NJ.. what.. like 3 million here.. but only TWENTY SNOWPLOWS? That's because it's NOT SUPPOSED TO SNOW HERE! Currently this morning? Yeah, snowing again. I'm kindly telling the snow to suck it. Not you of course, but you know, trade me places and you might understand. ;) xo

kario said...

Sorry, darlin'. Wish I could help, but our Xmas has basically gone off the road into the ditch, too (at least the part where we go to Oregon).

As for me, I somehow remain disgustingly cheery - thrilled to watch this gorgeous stuff fall and snuggle up with my girls and play our millionth game of Scrabble. You and the boyfriend are more than welcome to come to our house for Xmas day if you can make it here.

Love you!