Pages

Monday, November 02, 2009

We Interrupt This Story For My Birthday..


So many things change in a year's time. Between this year and last, I found and lost a great love in a man, in a theater, in a band.. in a stepfather. Some of those things were probably meant to come and go. I still miss most of them, tho the band not so much. I felt challenged and driven over the course of that time and tho this spring and summer had me somewhat paralyzed with sadness, I'm starting to find my way out. I'm surprised it's taken me so long but I've started to think maybe I like my own space, even if it's not completely painted yet. At some point, I will finish that.. slowly it'll happen.. like the cleaning of clutter, getting rid of junk and things like that, not only from my apartment, but from my life.

I met a lot of people in Spain. Everyone had a story and some of them were fresh heartbreaks. They were all complicated and really hard and so much more sad than mine. I was naively shocked that other people halfway across the world had hurt like I did and they were dealing a whole lot better.

Maybe that's what Barcelona taught me.. to live better, to keep going because after all, that's what life is.. 1% of what happens to you and 99% of how you choose to deal with it.

This year I hope to grow further, find some peace with the decisions other people have made, find that creativity that pushed me to make art happen around me and simply find a better sense of self and happiness. Here's to my 38th year of new experiences, new challenges, and rising to those occasions.

3 comments:

Pomgirl said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you have a lovely day, darling x

kario said...

Here's to it, darlin'! Love this introspection and what has come out the other side.

Love you.
Happy day.

megan said...

lovely life lessons all the way from Spain! very cool trip, here's to more in the future, "Cheers"!