Pages

Monday, April 05, 2010

Falling Off The Wagon

So my lovelies.. this won't be a long post. I just wanted to update you quickly that things have gone by the wayside as it were - keeping up with my favorite bloggers, my writing of my own blog, hell, getting to the gym this last week or so has been impossible with the meeting of the bio mom, Passover fun and this really annoying house guest of a head cold that hit me last Thursday and is still clinging on for free rent today. I think it's on its way out tho, if I have anything to say about it that is..

BUT - don't give up hope! At least not where the blogging is concerned. Finding me a job? Well, that's another craptastic story because I still don't have one and lately, it's getting more and more discouraging that you can't even wash dishes without sending in a resumé that you have experience doing so. Pffft..

I'm just trying to get everything done around here. I might've mentioned I'm currently stage managing a show and we go into our last weekend coming up but they begged me to stage manage the next one as well after the current SM had to step into a part unexpectedly due to one of the actors getting seriously hurt when part of a downtown building fell on him and two other people last Friday. He was hit on the head as the news article says.. but they missed the rest which included 16 (SIXTEEN, people!) other broken bones and is still in the hospital. Miraculously, he won't need surgery and is going to be fine. I'd say the building owner won't be so lucky. Buildings are NOT supposed to just FALL DOWN ON PEOPLE. No. No they are not.

So as I sit here trying to type something quick, I'm neglecting revising my resumé for a server position and things like personal hygiene. I mean, a shower today would be a good idea I think and then I'm headed to the neighbor's house to do some light cleaning and take her demon dog to the park even tho I still feel a bit like death warmed over, but at least I can breathe thru my nose now. Stupid cold.

There's lots to talk about.. new boys, the mom saga, an idea in the making.. and things are looking up.. mostly. The only problem is the unemployment that's getting close to being oh-so scary because I don't have the funds for this to go on much longer even tho I'm appealing the benefits denial. Everything of that nature seems to be that uphill battle scenario and thinking positively is difficult. I'm doing what I can tho and keeping everything crossed, sending word out to the universe and hoping the right thing is almost here. I'm sure a few more good thoughts sent my way wouldn't hurt if you have any extra to spare.

More soon, kittens..

No comments: