Pages

Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Nothing Is More Consistent Than Change


Well, hello. It's been ages. Seriously. Like people who write this blog  (and I may be using the term 'people' a bit loosely since you and I - WE as it were - know I'm the only one who writes this bit of nonsense) turned older (read: 40. Yes. For reals. I'll wait for your freak out to be over........ Um. Yes way. And thank you. I know I look 25 or whatever you just said, but it's true. I'm old. Yup - I look younger than you probably. Sorry for that. It's not intentional. Water. I drink lots of water and my bio mom is going to be 70 and looks about 55. It's a gene thing. You understand.). It's still hard to say.. Forty.. 4-0. Whispering doesn't make it any better. It's still roughly middle age. But you're right, I don't look it (for which I'm grateful now - (not back when I was trying to get into bars illegally)) and I'm more certain I don't act it either (you don't need to be so eager to agree.. geez). Can't blame a girl. When you're in theater, it's not how old you actually are, but  the age range you can play. Given that, I'm somewhere between 10 and pushing it would be 26. Not bad for a girl who grew up watching black and white Popeye cartoons, Solid Gold, The Love Boat and Fantasy Island (Seriously - one of the shows I worked on this year a cast member was too young to know what Fantasy Island was.. Please. Mr. Rork? Tattoo? "De plane! De plane!" No? Nothing? Sigh..).

So there's much to tell you.. and if you couldn't tell, I've made some changes. Rebranded or renewed or just rejuvenated things for 2012 and I have a lot to catch you up on. Maybe I have to catch myself up too because just writing these little paragraphs feels good, feels like I should've been doing it this whole time - but Life gets in the way doesn't it? Things happen and get busy and messy and sometimes you just don't want to go into every little detail again and relive hurts and failures. Or you want to keep the wonderful big adventures to yourself just for a bit longer because there are no words to accurately describe it all. That's the best excuse I can give you - and tho not a good one, I'm forging on and will attempt to try this writing thing for a while longer. It's ok if I'm just talking to myself here or maybe a few new sets of eyes will find me and relate to the idea of transformation in the new year. I know it's not a new idea, but this blog has been roughly the same since I started - minus a few added bits of bling - and the bling was nice, but I needed the update - you know, in with the new/out with the old sort of thing - and ME - well, 40 is a big change. It shouldn't be - because you know it's all psychological and I'm still the same person, but it sets in. The reality. I really do feel a little different, a little pressure to grow the hell up (finally.. maybe), a little calmer and hopefully, a little wiser. I said hopefully.. ok?

Are we good now? Can you look past this little disappearance and let me make it up to you? 40 makes me a real grown up now so I think that means something - or means I'm trying to figure out what exactly that means. Either way, this adventure is starting..

Alrighty then.. Here's to a fantastic new year for us all and a new Miss Devylish 2.0 for 2012.

4 comments:

Carey said...

You're back!!

zymurgy said...

Welcome back!

Miss Devylish said...

carey & zymurgy: I didn't know you cared! *blush* Thanks guys! xo

Bridget said...

Hey glad to see you back! I've started blogging again too (and come out of the blogging closet as it were) and am so with you on the 2012 thing - rebranded, rejuvenated, coming out stronger!

But no, TOTALLY can't believe you've turned 40 ;-)

(Formerly Known As The B)