Pages

Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Bling 2.0


Did you notice? Miss D got herself a little facelift - and by little, I mean like whoa.. right? The watercolor was lovely, but it didn't scream me to be honest. Now, there's a kick, some sparkle, my little devil girl is back and she even brought her new bff to keep her company. How I'd missed her sassy, little pitchfork.

Clearly, I had help. The lovely people at Leelou Blogs, specifically Brooke, came to my blah blog rescue. She's still tweaking a couple of little things, but I wanted to give the girl props because she's awesome-sauce. Thank you, Brooke! She didn't even argue with me when I asked her to remove one of the dots from the ellipsis at the end of the tagline in the header. And, while we're on the subject, for the record, I know a proper ellipsis is three dots. I do. I don't know what it is, but I think two are just more aesthetically pleasing. Three imply a much longer lull at the end of the thought than I ever intend. I don't want you hanging there forever. Just.. briefly. And then move on. See? I don't need a pause you can drive a truck through. Don't you have things to do? Because I do. So take a beat and then let's get a move on. Yes, of course, it's grammatically incorrect, but I'm making a stylistic choice to be wrong. I've used ‛tho' as an abbreviated version of though, which I just recently decided to give up because maybe text speak really shouldn't have a place here.. so ‛thru' also now becomes through because I'm a grown up and I know how to spell and I should feel blessed because there are people in the world who aren't so lucky. Yes there are. So it's time to use my powers for good.. but I'm keeping my two-dot ellipsis. Capisce?

Anyway, if your space is craving a little spring in its step, give the seriously talented and gifted artists at Leelou a shout. You may have to wait a little.. they're kind of popular. But when it's your turn, man do they make you feel like the prettiest girl at the dance. And don't we all deserve to feel that special once in a while? Complete with a little pixie dust and glitter? Hell to the yeah, I say.. with a wink even.

11 comments:

Breeza said...

Love it!

Miss Devylish said...

breeza: Yay! Thanks for the input too! xo

Anonymous said...

Very nice..(.)
xx
pixie

Miss Devylish said...

pixie: Thanks sugar.. and for the (.). I know you'll always add the missing dot and then it's like we're on the same team! I dig that. xo

Kid Keane said...

Oh sure, a pretty funny lady has a blog and she just happens to be a thousands miles away with a brother that happens to run a surf shop I used to buy wax from. Sure, 'cause this is reality, and Wynonna told me 'bout that them there reality.

Miss Devylish said...

kid: Thousands of miles away? The surf shop is in the same city I am.. so where are you? :)

Kid Keane said...

Chief Mate on a sailing ship working its way up the Pacific. Bay Area currently, stocking up on wax to surf this Central/North California coast as I sail up it.
Ran Lavengro on Lake Union for nine months. We epitomized hotttt sailing. Where were you, eh? :)

Miss Devylish said...

kid: Oh as you can read in the About Me section, I'm far from a water baby unlike my brother. I get seasick in the bar at Ray's Boathouse or riding a ferry.. True story. But I'm jealous you're in SF. I love that city..

Kid Keane said...

Spent all day riding my bike around SF on my day off yesterday. It's a fantastic city but I'd be afraid of not utilizing Berkeley and Oakland with equal alacrity.
I miss Seattle terribly. That city is under my skin like a tattoo that ages well. I think it's got damn near everything going for it. I'm green with envy (no pun intended) about the edible park you kids are putting in! That's going to rule!

Léonie said...

"I'm making a stylistic choice to be wrong" - I need that on a t-shirt! Loving the new look, beautiful. I am trying to 'do' a website at the moment but I am so used to my dull little blogger page that it's difficult to imagine being more glamourous. I am going to take inspiration from you, though! xxx

Miss Devylish said...

kid: Yes! I heard about that park going in Beacon Hill! Excited for it.

léonie: I'd like to take all the credit for the glam, but I can't. I stole ideas, let someone else bring the bling and that sort of thing.. Contact Brooke at LeeLou. I tell you, she's a dream.. almost as dreamy as you sugar.. xo