Pages

Friday, July 28, 2006

The Friday Festivities



Completely stolen from that little bird, Léonie, and as she and that little sprite Pom are always doing quirky, little lists, I'll do my best to keep up with the British Joneses. Plus work is too busy to not talk in bullet points today.

1. Are you named after anyone? If so, explain.
I'm named by my father's own originality and excitement (one would assume) from being granted that great opportunity to adopt me and, according to my mother, he had to name me cuz he always called me his 'little angel.' And there you have it. History at it's finest hour.

2. Do you have your children's names picked out already? If so, is there any significance?
I do have a fascination with names, probably due to my own, which I like to think is fairly unique. Tho I'm not sure I want children yet, when I hear creative names, I make a mental note. I like surnames for first names as in Tucker or Salinger.. but I don't want them to be abbreviated - like Sal. Ew. Unless I just give them an abbreviated name.. like Max. Love that one. Girl or boy.. dog or cat. Whatever. But no significance other than I think it's original - and not all my choices are. I like simple names like Henry and Jack for some reason. Who doesn't want a grandpa named Jack? It's sweet. I just dig it. And then yesterday I saw a poster that was probably for a band and said 'Cadence' on it.. and I thought.. wow.. cool name. Popped into the registry for an unknown time..

3. If you were born a member of the opposite sex what would your name have been?
Well.. since I'm adopted and I was the only thing available at the time, they didn't get a choice and I never heard they were looking for a little boy.. but since I do have a non-adopted brother, I would assume my name would've been Todd... hm.. I like mine better.

4. If you could re-name yourself what name would you pick and why?
I wouldn't.. Almost no one believes me when I tell them my name is Angel.. not at first. There isn't even a better stripper name I can come up with.. and I can use it if I ever become famous.. like Cher or Madonna.. Who wouldn't know me with that name?! Tho when I go out to cheesy bars, I usually pick a name for the night.. which is often Zoe.. I just never remember to answer to it when someone uses it.. oops! Obviously, if you don't get the real name, however fake it may sound, there's a reason.

5. Are there any mispronunciations/typos that people do w/ your name constantly?
Just from work alone I can give you many examples I hear from my customers almost daily when they call me back asking for:
Angie
Angela
Angle - um.. right, acute, or obtuse?
Inga
Ingrid
Ingo
April
Andrea
and Eagle - which is my personal favorite and happens more times than I can count. As if Eagle makes more sense than what they think they heard.. I mean, it couldn't be Angel right? Eagle is sooooooo popular.. (wtf?)

When they do hear it correctly, I'm often asked, 'And how do you spell that?' Really? It's five letters.. and two syllables.. it's not something from the Scripps Spelling Bee people..

**************************
The rest of my day and weekend will be spent as such:

** Getting into what will hopefully be all kinds of mischief when this particular diva arrives tonight by train from BC. I'm literally counting down the hours til we can be
completely and utterly girly, cocktails in hand, flirt on, costumed beyond recognition, yet unconcerned if we're out done as that will be guaranteed as we head to...

** The Party of the Year, as I understand and hear stories to support all claims. The Space Virgins (read: Burners) will undoubtedly out-do themselves and we may even run into a little Pixie costumed to the hilt as well, if we're very lucky.

** Saturday will be spent doing whatever LadyMiss and I deem appropriate be it wandering down to Pike Place Market where we can dine on fresh crépes and buy oodles of wild flowers or shop til we fall over downtown and beyond.

** Saturday night will be composed of a lovely dinner at a new spot called Q with a few choice friends and a few new faces for random, yet lively, conversations while we ponder lost British accents, regained Canadian ones, and pretend we are so very hip and funny. Well, ok.. we won't have to pretend that hard. And then, at whatever time we find ourselves unable to sit still a moment longer, we'll find a little place with a big crowd and loud music in which we can booty shake til we are hot, sweaty, and able to untangle ourselves from the many attractive hangers-on once we are ready to crash into a much-needed unconscious state of rest until..

** Sunday morning OR afternoon, whenever we feel the need to open our dainty eyes and brighten them with steaming mugs of caffeine, bountiful breakfasts at
brunch, and recounting our tales with little to no embarrassing moments hopefully other than having to turn down one too many suitors from the night before.

I love a good story.. don't you? Just you wait til next week, my pretties.. Til then, be good and don't do anything I wouldn't do.. or rather, scratch that.. do it ALL.. and save me the good parts! Mwah!

12 comments:

P said...

Can't wait to join forces for one or more pieces of this weekend. *GRIN*

Melanie said...

My mother named me after Melanie in "Gone With The Wind". Does that count? lol A lot of people mispronouce my name Mel-A-Knee. (say it fast) lol.
Have a great day!

Dustin said...

pixie has the right idea

Miss Devylish said...

Pix: Can you believe we didn't take one picture from the first night? You and your boy dressed fabulously.. and all the colorful wigs.. Guess we were too busy having fun!

Melanie: You know, I've never seen Gone W/ the Wind.. so I'm not sure if the name sounds different than I think it does, but I'm sure it's easy to mispronounce. I hear you girl.. the torture! :)

Dustin: She did have the right idea.. all weekend in fact. Wish I had some of hers cuz some of the ideas for Saturday night turned pretty bad and I was more annoyed than anything. Should've followed her.

lady miss marquise said...

Ah, but we did indeed have some fun!

And am gutted I only saw this post this am. Really, really shabby of me.

But fun. Yes. Fun was had by all regardless, yes?

mushroom said...

My mother named me after my namesake

Indiana said...

I can only imagine the corny pick-up lines that ensure when a guy learns your name ~lol~

Léonie said...

Details, please! Also pictures, if you have them.

(Also, Lady M, I can't scroll down on your blog, I'm not sure if there's something wrong with my computer, perhaps.)

(Miss D sorry for using your comments box so flagrantly!)

Dustin said...

i thought you were updating..?

Rigmor said...

Loved that!
And that comes from somone with an already tricky name. Ever been called Pigr? Or Rgmmoroue?

The list is endless. I like names, but I don't particularly like mine...

Anonymous said...

I have the same problem. When people hear my name, I have gotten the following: Katrina, Terina, Tina, Treenie, Trinka, Teresa, Trisha, and the occasional Loreena. Also, it's spelled TREENA, not Trina, Trena, or Triana.

Personally, I might start calling you Inga. It suits. I will be Helga, and when we finally get together we can dress up as fabulously hot Swedish girls.

Scott from Oregon said...

I saw your blue hair on 25peeps. Thought I'd "sneal" a peep myself. A cute Seattle girl with monstrously big eyes. Cool...

I see you love ellipses...

I adore ellipses...

It's like an acknowledgement that there will be something more...

That life is still unfolding...

That the stories are still being made...

If you like goofy stories, please check this one out--

http://aeleope.blogspot.com/2006/07/smokin-car-parts-topspin-and-my.html

Yes, it is a blatant attempt to get you to read my blog. I'd try chocolates but I can't get them through my modem...

Now, please excuse me while I look into your archives...