Pages

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Focus On The Bits Of Happy

I think I'll try my hand at going back to what I do best: talking about me. That whole mocking someone's poor attempt at satire was fun and all and wow was that ever the first time where 176 people actually DIDN'T search for me directly in any way and found my humble little blog despite that fact and then thought they could leave snide little comments! Oh yes they did, but I showed them! Ha ha! I have this snazzy button called DELETE! And this thing about not liking snarky commenty-type people.

So. Back to me.

Things have been going well.. like.. really. I hardly recognized myself with all the smiling. I was feeling this heaviness mostly due to issues at work and just starting to feel stagnant in life in general.. and tho I think I still have another direction as far as a career to work towards, the weight was relieved at the office quite a bit.

We called it our Come To Jesus discussion. It was productive and our CEO listened and gave feedback and asked questions and there was a sense that things would take time, but changes would eventually come to pass. And lo! There came upon us a collective sigh of relief.

But the real miracle came not even a week after that meeting when Jesus, Himself, actually made an appearance in the form of the dismissal of one bastard sales manager whom we all desperately loathed. For those of us who couldn't hold back our glee and continued to mutter how this was karma in action, yes, we know, we're all going to burn in hell and let me tell you.. it'll SO be worth it. Hee!

With work feeling better with every passing minute, it seemed appropriate to celebrate with some live music that my friend, Scott, and I had tickets to for months now. We hit the Showbox for Rodrigo Y Gabriela. I'd barely heard of them and had no idea what to expect.. and all I could muster as soon as we witnessed their greatness was, 'Uh.. wow.' Seriously, We. Were. Floored. Check out the clip below and tell me that you are not impressed. Ok.. um, don't tell me that because you won't anyway, but they just started their tour I think so you should really go see them. And then tell them I sent you. And oh yeah.. hi for me and I love them. Ok, maybe not love love, but you know what I mean.. Watch.



There has also been some hitting of the gym with Mrs. Ironika, which has been good for both of us, tho I think I whine more when there is someone around to hear it. But I go to the gym out of an internal obligation not to turn into an over-sized Miss D because that is not something pretty and this gym'ing with a friend makes the whole idea a lot more tolerable.. especially when I get to push her around. Well.. when she isn't pushing me around. It's ok. She's instilling inspiration. As am I. We are there to inspire! It's really something to witness, honestly.

Did I mention I got a smashing new and shiny pink phone?! I didn't? Well.. it's awesome! I got myself some LG Chocolate. And as if free wasn't a good enough price since I hit my two year free upgrade time frame with Verizon, I HAD to spend $43 THOUSAND dollars on fancy new ringtones that eek out the Empire Strikes Back Imperial March, Hall & Oates, and The Shins even cuz.. um.. I had to. And they don't have 50 Cent 'In Da Club', which y'all can make fun of all you like, but that song is MINE. Well.. when they get it. Right now, unless you're special and have something assigned, I hear 'Singing In The Rain' because I've always had a huge crush on Gene Kelly. Again, go ahead.. mock away. This is me.. not caring. And yeah.. my phone bill is going to rock!

In-between all this crazy goodness there might've been Potential. There was an evening with drinks and chemistry and kisses goodnight and it may have been quite lovely. There was definitely so much smiling that by the end of the first night my face actually hurt from all the happy and maybe the fact that anything he said sounded just like something I would say on any given topic. I don't think my feet actually touched the ground at all the next day.

But due to gravity, the feet have to come back to Earth at some point. Newness and blue eyes and good kisses are quite powerful, but there's always Timing to spar with and remind me that if things seem too good to be true, they probably are. And however wonderful, Potential was short-lived and tho that will probably be better soon, it pretty much sucked today.

Kari came to whisk me away from my thoughts for the day tho, which we'd had planned for a couple of weeks. Sans children (my nieces), we brunched before outdoor marketing and Mrs. Pixie met us for caffeine. We then wandered over to the Fremont Sunday Market where Kari scored some gorgeous framed photographs and I landed a lovely little rose-colored cowboy hat that added some extra sass to my day.

Since that was hardly enough, we pedicured our little toes to beauty, had a short html tutorial between ourselves and then wined and dined in the early evening while the sun was still out. There was a lot to catch up on and the girl time was a positive distraction for us both. When you've known a friend for as long as we've known each other, tho time can be hard to come by with growing family responsibilities, it's so comforting to know you don't have to work at getting the other person. We just do. We've moved in different directions and still we never have a problem being there for each other no matter what the issue. Not everyone has friends who've been close like that for almost 20 years, but she's such a gift.

Now.. if y'all want to really cheer me up.. give me your ideas for ringtones. I must have more! Retail therapy people.. it works!

9 comments:

P said...

Another happy point is your KICK-ASS MAD NINJA ability to notice your girlfriends' taste and then deliver the perfect gifties...

kario said...

So happy I could be part of your happy. S. LOVED the CD and your video - he's confiscated it for his own.

You deserve HAPPY, glorious, glorious HAPPY, my dear. And I love that you use your delete button for it's intended purpose. Damn snarky commenters. Those who write, blog. Those who can't, comment nastily.

Love you!

Miss Devylish said...

pix: Treena is going to be so jealous that I've now got Mad Ninja Skilz just like her! Whoo hoo!

kari: See? You tell S that I did buy the first copy and I'm so glad he likes it! Yay! You tell my girls I want a dance recital to one of those songs and give them hugs for me! Thanks sugar! You're the best! Love you back!

Anonymous said...

OK, first off. . . Those two? Holy shit amazing!

Second, enjoy the floating and hope it lasts awhile. Screw coming back to earth expectations.

Ringtones? Having your phone sing, "I Wanna Be Sedated" during a boring meeting at work is a moment of beauty. . .

Miss Devylish said...

popeye: Oh hon.. the coming back to Earth was cuz it's over. No expectations, that's just what happened. But there are other things to be happy about, just not.. that. So, you know, still sucks for the moment. But thanks, I know you meant well! And good suggestion on the ringtone!

Chris said...

I like phones going off in meetings... I recommend that song that goes "I'm a loser baby, so why don't you kill me" or whatever it is...

I also like the E.T. the Extraterrestrial theme, but I am sad like that.

Important to have a few for different moods.

Anonymous said...

Okay, no talking about me in the comments when I don't have time to read. Besides, you can have Mad Ninja Skilz too...just as long as you remember that I am the most fabulous of the ninjas.

Hey! I am visiting soon! that is worth 37 yays!

Miss Devylish said...

te la: Not sure who you are, but fab you stopped by. I can't read a that language.. but at least you're not spam so that's cool w/ me! :)

chris: Beck is a good suggestion but I'll have to think about that. And E.T. scared me when they had all those orange suits on..I am the only one who doesn't love that movie..

treenster: Hey, don't blame me for no time no read-y. And you can be the most fabulous Ninja, but I'm the Badass Rockstar Ninja w/ the Mad Skilz. Yo.

And hear hear on that bunch o yay's! We over here are collectively psyched!

Anonymous said...

Wow, those two are fabulous!!!!
I have the LG Chocolate and I love it! It's so dang cute!