Pages

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

The Right Wing Cares About You, Lindsey

I had to write a quick post after the gym and pre-So-You-Think-You-Can-Dance watching because I was trying to just bust thru my cardio tho hi.. ow.. from my Monday work out of legs and core (people.. I'm SO bad ass these days, I tell you) and I wasn't into watching the silent tv's even tho on my far left was Last Comic Standing and on my far right was the previously mentioned dance show and I couldn't exactly watch that and ruin my whole experience later.. so the one right in front of me would be that show I can hardly stand, of course it's on Fox and something I could barely remember so I had to look it up and guess spellings and whatnot while searching on Google, but it's this very clearly Republican and overly-opinionated show called Hannity and Colmes. As in.. YAAAAAAWWWWWN.

Blahblahblah.. rightwingspeak, rightwingspeak.. AH! Newt Gingrich and oh.. the democrats are such hypocrites.. blahblahblah the liberals suck, right? The usual. Don't care because clearly, I already don't agree with them on principal or in thought and then the screen changes to celebrity newsy stuff and I thought for a moment it had switched to Larry King, the new god of gossip and un-hard-hitting news these days, but no, it was still Haggity Ann or whatever his name is with a clip of Lindsey Lohan and they were talking about her rehab relapse or whatever the latest issue the poor little rich girl has gotten herself into now.

But it wasn't Lindsey they had on.. No, of course not. It was her estranged father. With a plea, people. A fucking PLEA. They literally asked him if he could talk to his daughter, right now, if she was watching.. what would he say to her this very minute. And out came the biggest bunch of Velveeta and for whom I'm not even sure. It went something like, 'Lindsey, I'm your father and I always will be your father and I don't care about your celebrity or what people have been telling you and I'm always going to be here for you no matter what happens and blahblahblaggityblah..' And he continued on and on for like five minutes about how nothing mattered but her and it was too bad people had said these horrible things and the whole time I'm thinking.. they should really rename this show to Hoo & Cares since clearly this girl and her father are not by any means what the world should be discussing but for some reason, still are since they are on every single gossip magazine and every celebrity show on air and I'm craning my neck to read what's going on the tv showing Last Comic Standing since this after-school special on Fox is by far the most annoying thing I've been forced to workout in front of. Can people let it go already? I mean, kids do drugs. They go too far. They get into rehab. Hi. Welcome to Hollywood. I mean, did you just get here or something?! God.

So the girl has some issues, sure.. but I actually like her acting. She was great in Bobby and actually very sweet in Prairie Home Companion, so it's not like she doesn't have skills. She's just going a bit too far as 20-some-olds are apt to do. But to have your own father go on MULTIPLE talk shows.. one being a supposedly weighty politically opinionated show (albeit the far right on the opinions).. to try to tell you how much he cares? Hi.. wouldn't any respect you had left for him plummet out the window faster than your sobriety? Hell, I would pop an 8 ball of speed with a tequila chaser right there. Because how is that helping the poor girl? Maybe shut up already.. Dad. Maybe that's why you have to go thru her attorney to talk to her. I swear.. two brain cells.. and they're fighting.

And Jesus.. could you Half-wit and Come-lately get back to your extreme right political leanings that I can detest with disdain? There's not enough room for you and Entertainment Tonight, ok?

Now can we get back to what really matters? Please? Like who do you think will be voted off So You Think You Can Dance?! Do tell!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well said. Hate Fox "news". Being forced to watch that while working out is almost grounds for leaving the gym and eating a huge dessert.

Her parents are wonderful people. Mom who parties along side her underage daughter and an ex-con of a father who runs to the press to talk to his daughter. Very sincere. Hey a-hole, how about talking with your daughter privately? Good times.

Miss Devylish said...

one day: That is totally true, however I had dessert BEFORE arriving at the gym, which is why I was there. :) Ok.. and I knew her father had to be estranged, bue ex-con? Nice, not that it's her fault.. but the guy = total class act, doesn't he?

kario said...

I love the sharp wit that explodes out of you when you're in the presence of tight-minded right wingers! That's the real Miss D! By the way, hope you don't mind if I don't share your knowledge of 8-balls of speed and tequila shots with your nieces...

;-)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'm really tired of all of it right now. I'm taking a little bit of news hiatus. OK, once in a while I find my browser mysteriously going to www.nyt.com but generally. . .

Miss Devylish said...

kario: No personal knowledge of the 8 ball measurements.. just heard it. But I bet you had your days of tequila shots my dear. C'mon, let's be honest now. ;)

popeye: I know what you mean. As hard as I try, I can't get away from it. Hopefully soon, they find another topic.