Pages

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Homecoming


800 pictures later, I'm back from Barcelona, overwhelmed with work and hellloooo.. new fall tv! How am I supposed to catch you all up when my dvr was chock full of goodness? I ask you. I mean, have you seen FlashForward?! Sooo good. And also? One of my college theater alums landed himself a great sitcom, Modern Family. He plays the father of the teenage daughter in that show. High-larious!

Seriously tho, it's been uber busy since I've been back and a little emotional because I think I thought something would change when I returned. I wonder if I was really running away from the last six months and expected something to change once I walked in my front door again, but what? Was I supposed to magically be healed and forget my broken heart? Kinda, I think. I guess I expected to finally let it all go and of course thoughts of my ex sometimes clouded my thoughts in Spain and came rushing back once I was home. It didn't ruin my trip, didn't keep me from moving forward, but it's still there. A little frustrating.

Overall, the trip was fantastic, adventures were had, people were met, hilarity ensued - including a large bump on my head, which is still healing (good story, that.). It was really good for me to take the trip on my own and rely solely on myself to get thru day to day. I'm proud of myself even if I knew that sometimes I didn't always push myself and I had at least one pretty bad breakdown at the airport on the way home. When you miss check in for three flights by only five minutes because the taxi driver dropped you off at the wrong terminal and the right one is five miles away and there's a pretty extreme language barrier communicating with all the necessary people and all you can say in your head is FUCK over and over.. yeah.. YOU try not losing it and crying all over people when you think the best idea is to shell out a grand for another entirely different ticket home. That was the lamest part, but I learned a very valuable lesson and will never do that again for sure. So, take it from me: ALWAYS check in the night before.

I have tons of pictures to upload and I'm finally done editing them.. so you'll see my journal entries soon, after I catch up on the necessary sleep and vegging from the stress at work via tv numbness and more importantly, catch up with friends in person. I so missed my peeps. It's great to travel the world (ok, one country.. whatever) and be excited about meeting new people and making new friends, but nothing comes close to seeing familiar faces who mean the world to you. Nothing.

Patience kittens.. back soon! Mwah!

No comments: