Pages

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

What's really important

I started a post yesterday and couldn't finish it - mainly cuz I ran out of time and you know, had life to be living, things to do, etc. - but also, cuz I'm just starting to sound like a big whiner. In light of all that's happened in New Orleans and to everyone who lives there, I have absolutely no right to whine about something trivial like roommates flirting with my exes or those stupid exes flirting back despite me smacking them upside the head and telling them not to OR cute boy dating me and then freaking out and NOT dating me then calling me 9 days later on Monday and telling me he missed me and said freak out was just 'a bad day'.. no no no.. I seriously have no rights at all. I feel so badly that I'm still so fucking broke I can't even donate anything right now to help and must wait til the next pay check, which is really fucking sad since I JUST got paid.. (I know people.. you don't need to tell me..) but temporarily, I'm stopping the whine and posting this very very extensive list supplied by the nice people at CNN if you care to check out where you can donate, search for the missing (which sounds so dreadfully sad), etc.. so please look HERE if you're interested and can afford to help.

And, when you're done with that, you will need a laugh. I know this cuz I've needed many laughs after reading all the news stories so, if I haven't made you a fan of Miss Doxie yet, you are CRAZY.. but that's beside the point and you really should read her last two posts.. you will DIE laughing. No really.. ok.. maybe not die, per se.. but maybe just pee your pants and do that silent laughing thing where you're laughing but obviously.. silently.. cuz she's THAT good. And I'm not kidding.. so go there.. right now.. click on the little link to the right that clearly reads Miss Doxie.. DO IT NOW!

And, just saying, I wish wish wish I could do more, but right now, it's really amazing to know that so many people have offered money, their homes, and their hands to assist all those who need it right now. The whole thing brings me to tears every day.. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone affected by this awful disaster.

3 comments:

Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

You don't whine, you vent. That's what we're here for ya know.

(I'm still poor and I just got paid too. Sucks, but what can ya do?)

Anonymous said...

The disaster took the White House for a second time!

A lot of people have less, and wish that they could do more, because of the people who Bush represents.

Then again, this wouldn't have happened if the administration had heeded the warning of the Army Corps of Engineers and done the necessary work on those levies!!!

Miss Devylish said...

If Bush hadn't done a lot of things.. this could've been prevented.. oh like, not protecting the wetlands from development which protects New Orleans from a lot of wind, but since 50% of them are now developed, that's sort of a problem. 40% of the National Guard was/is in Iraq, he'd been weakening the monies for improvements on those levies for the last 3 years, and, not to mention, they put a fired & former Arabian horse judge in charge of FEMA.. I'm sorry.. but HOW does THAT make sense?! What a bastard..