Pages

Saturday, January 28, 2006

How to avoid packing

The last few posts have been rather heavy so while checking out another fellow blogger I found in Australia, whom I discovered links to moi (Yes! So exciting!), I found this little quiz. I've blatantly stolen it (Thank you pomgirl! Don't be mad, ok? Please?) and filled it out from my perspective. Packing will have to begin again tomorrow. Blech.

Four Jobs you’ve had in your life:
Barista - ooh.. I make a mean mocha people..
Recruiter at a temp agency
Receptionist for a market research company
Babysitter

Four movies you could watch over and over:
Chicago
The Princess Bride
The Royal Tenenbaums
The Breakfast Club

Four places you’ve lived:
Ashland, Oregon
Ski, Norway
Lincoln City, Oregon
Seattle, Washington

Four TV shows you love to watch:
Lost
Alias
Grey's Anatomy
Desperate Housewives

Forever:
Seinfeld
Six Feet Under
Friends
Will & Grace

Four places you’ve been on vacation:
Hawaii
Disneyland
San Francisco/Sonoma
The Grand Canyon

Four websites you visit daily:
Yahoo
Myspace
Tribe
Craigslist

Four of your favorite foods:
chocolate
hummus (the kind I make is the best!)
macaroni and cheese w/ feta, tuna, and peas (Don't give me that face.. it rocks!)
burritoes (I also kick ass at these too.)

Four places you’d rather be:
Somewhere warm
Paris
Vancouver, BC
With him

Four bestest albums:
Imogen Heap - Speak For Yourself (I can't stop listening to this one right now)
Fiona Apple - Extraordinary Machine
Rachael Yamagata - Happenstance
KT Tunstall - Eye To The Telescope

Four bestest books:
Catcher In the Rye - J.D. Salinger
Me Talk Pretty One Day - David Sedaris
Lamb, The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal - Christopher Moore
Memoirs Of A Geisha - Arthur Golden

Four favourite items of clothing (added by pomgirl):
My Old Navy velour grey sweats.. mm..
My new black and white striped arm warmers complete with little holes for my thumbs
My 7 For All Mankind jeans - really good butt jeans people
My Garage cargo pants

Ok.. your turn!

Nite all! *yaaaaaaaaawn*

8 comments:

Pomgirl said...

I've been really enjoying your blog but I'm not much of a commenter, so it was very exciting to see my name. Quizzes help take my mind off more serious stuff (even if it's just for a couple of minutes, it helps). I did spend quite a long time trying to work out my four favourite items of clothing which was fun.

I've also been trying to decide whether to get the new Fiona Apple CD and you've convinced me to do it. Cheers!

chindi said...

I'll join adammmmmm and play along as well:

4 Jobs:
Paperboy
Dishwasher
RX Tech
Loan Officer

4 Movies to watch over and Over:
Matrix
It's A Wonderful Life
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
Breakfast Club (Have to agree on this one)

4 Places Lived:
Mechanicsburg, PA
Newport, PA
Highspire, PA
Enola, PA

4 TV Shows:
24
Battlestar Galactica
Lost
CSI

4 places I've been to vacation:
Germany
Disneyland
Dallas, TX
NY, NY

4 Websites visited daily:
woot.com
tvguide.com
CNN.com
netflix.com

4 Favoriate Foods:
Cheesecake
Blueberries
Lasagna
Onion Rings (beer battered)

4 Places I would rather be
Anyplace but work
Germany
In bed sleeping
On the beach

4 bestest albums:
Depeche Mode - Music for the Masses
NIN - Pretty Hate Machine
The Bravery - The Bravery
Metallica - Master of Puppets (OK so this is a through back to my early days and doesn't quite go with the others. so sue me)

4 Bestest Books
The Great Gatsby
The Chronicles of Narnia (I know this is a series but I am including it)
The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay
Cry the Beloved Country

4 best items of clothing:
My VW Baseball Cap
My Dr. Martins
My Fossil Watch
My Puma's

Miss Devylish said...

Doug - I totally forgot about Music For The Masses.. I saw that tour too.. really good tho. And Great Gatsby.. ahh fond memories.

Ironika Beaverhausen said...

ihizxkyjalright, i'm not trying to gloat, but i think i forgot to tell you, i went to the coldplay concert... ANYWAY !! as you might know, fiona apple opened, and i have to tell you, as you know miss, if you've never listened to any song by the girl, please please please, bless this girl with record sales, extraordinary machine is a lovely, pretty song. it struck me when sung live... she's such a talent.. i mean i've always thought... blah blah blah...but seriously. beautiful, and nice choice you... i'm going take the quiz on mine... and you say i never post... : ) hug and kiss- b.

Ironika Beaverhausen said...

apparently i don't know how to comment. that was my password... iq = 12 that might be optimistic. *grin*

Anonymous said...

I love Doug's food list! Yum.Very all American if not eclectic. Good to see you having fun. Had a fight with M today about interst of all things...be GLAD that you are single and foot loose. I'm being harsh here but **GOD** why can't we have it all? And don't give me the lonely shpeal, you have tons of friends. Ah those were the days. ciao.

Anonymous said...

Wow - where to start? First of all, does Dallas, TX count as a place to go on vacation? I don't say that to be mean, but it really is just full of flat, ugly landscape and malls - not exactly exciting, people!

Second of all, I'm thrilled, Miss D., that you have found a place to hang your hat (or your long sleeved, black and grey arm-warmers with holes for your hands - sounds like a Flashdance wannabe to me), and hope the move goes well in the midst of all of this horrible wind and power outages we're having now.

Lastly, I know you could care less about the Seahawks and the superbowl, but S is making homemade fajitas on the barbie tomorrow and I've whipped up some fudge truffle cookies and blue cheese crackers and a lemon tart, so if you choose to take a break from moving, you're more than welcome (but don't wear the good butt jeans, cuz you may not fit into them after - I'd suggest the grey Old Navy sweats)

Love,
K

Anonymous said...

Oh, did I mention the blue cheese crackers have cayenne pepper in them? Hot! Just like you like 'em, just in case you needed any additional incentive to show up :-)