Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Random brightness

You know what I'm doing? Reading blogs.. Yes, the ones to your left. Err.. wait.. your right. Yes.. and also, I'm tired. But people, I'm doing some catch up! I've been so self-absorbed (yes, I said it..) that I've neglected YOU, my lovely little writers. You who write much, MUCH shorter than I! So you'd think it'd be easy! Quick like bunny.. but noooooooo.. I'm bad. I left to see a movie with girlfriends and how DARE I?! So I'm BACK! Just for YOU!!!

Ok.. so really I sort of um.. FORGOT the on call phone, which, when you work for a very small telecom company where you and your co-workers do a variety of tasks, including taking turns answering repair calls in the middle of the NIGHT, which is very not during the regularly scheduled working DAY.. you sort of have to do this once in a while.. like, um.. tonight. So I came back for it. AND you! Don't forget YOU! Really!

Did I mention you look really good today? Oh yeah.. you really do.. Is that a new shirt? Good color.. oh yeah.

But back to me.. and I will be brief (Ooh aren't you SO proud? I'm SO working on my brevity skills! And I'm getting better too! Ok.. maybe not just yet.. but it will happen.).

Tonight I hung out with the girls, Fatima and Abby, and we saw The Family Stone. There wasn't a lot of catching up time cuz it was a rush to the movie, a $4.50 bargain I might add at the Admiral Theatre.. yes I just might! Tho there may have been some pretzel splurging at the concessions by.. someone, I'm not naming names, who also may have added some it's-so-NOT-real-it-will-prevent-your-body-from-decomposing-when-you-DIE-but-you-love-it-anyway nacho cheese (notYOcheese) with that.. And oooh it was gooood.. and oooh the movie was kee-uuute! Ok.. I just need to say.. Luke Wilson? Yeah.. um.. dreeeeeeeee-meee! Mmm.. scruffy.

And then you know what else? I got a message from my friend Jay.. who's so so gorgeous, and yet, really just rambles on and on.. and ON when he leaves you a voicemail.. and he's STRAIGHT (Straight boys and rambly don't usually go together.. right? Not in my world.)! Don't believe me? I could tell him to call you.. seriously.. you have NO idea.. but there I was, laughing.. and you know what comes with laughing don't you? Smiling! Yes, I was doing BOTH of those things SIMULTANEOUSLY even! It was maybe even MAGIC. A doctor didn't even have to be called!

Ahh.. so, here I am, acknowledging silly things like a bargain movie with the girls and random messages from flaky, but not completely invisible, friends are good for me. Aaaaaand I almost forgot to mention the surprise Ironika B. bestowed upon me last Saturday - a cheery mani/pedi with Starbuck's in hand as my present for Valentine's! And ooh you should just SEE my toes girls.. SO pretty!! I swear, this is the cure for not biting my nails! Wish I'd thought of it sooner (and yes, T, I recognize you suggested this idea not terribly long ago. I just didn't really believe it'd work!).

Tomorrow is a play with Keither, Friday night is a Brandi Carlile concert at The Showbox with my friend Scott and his pack of 'gays of our lives' cuz we are big fans of great singers.. but you can't throw a stick without hitting a great gay singer these days.. not that there's anything wrong with that.. that is what the boys like, so I'm told, and Saturday I'm checking out some new roommate possibilities and OHMYGOD the CABLE GUY IS COMING! I'm not.. um.. excited about that or anything.. but if he just happens to get it ALL working and it's a bee-u-tee-fully CLEAR picture BEFORE the new Grey's Anatomy on Sunday, I think I may actually spontaneously combust! Hopefully not before the show tho.. or before the NEW LOST EPISODE as well. Duuuuuuuude.. I can barely contain my excitement.. tee hee!! <--- See that? I said 'dude' at 34 years old AND that is me containing, but barely.. honest!

It's nice to have some small sparkles in my world.. Even without the sun in this dreary winter, there's a tad bit of shine and I'm diggin' it.

4 comments:

Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

*blushes at shirt comment and finds self at loss for words not wanting to fall into that gay vs straight thingie*

anywherebutTX said...

My brother in law is a cable guy. It was a Sunday afternoon when I finally got moved into the new house. I called him 45 minutes before Grey's Anatomy in a complete panic..... Thank God I had connections.... :-)

lady miss marquise said...

Oh hurrah! What a fabulously cheery post, so happy to hear you are smiling and laughing, and that there are still straight sexy men out there - my life is Gays of my Life, I should have been a gay man. Seriously - who ramble on voice mails and leave you tingly and smiley... sorry, am rambling, am at work on a Sunday afternoon doing month end horribleness and I'd rather be outside int eh sun, even if it is minus 5, and am getting a cold so the cold medicine is making me dizzier than normal.
Okay. I'll stop now...

nearlyallthere said...

Hey, nice blog. :) And excellent taste in movies I must say, hehe. Am so glad to see post secret on your links list - more people should know about that - amazing stuff!