Pages

Sunday, February 26, 2006

How many words CAN I capitalize?

It's now 11:45pm on Sunday night.. and I'm taking stock. Yes, watch out, for you will be amazed at how distracted, but at the same time, productive, I've been since my last post. There are many many things to be grateful for and I shall count them down for you right now.. yes I shall!

1. DAYS have passed with NO drama occurring whatsoever! Shock and awe, people.. shock and awe..

2. There was fun had.. like.. two days worth at least.. AND.. in a row!

3. I saw a really really REALLY great play.

4. I saw a really really REALLY great concert.

5. Someone from my past found me all random like and she wasn't a stalker - that's always good.

6. Um HELLO SATELLITE TV! And.. um.. YAY!

7. FIVE days til VEGAS!

Ok.. that's enough.. and I'll start from the most obvious.. you're probably wondering.. um.. hi.. yeah.. Vegas??! You've sorta left that out of ALL your posts lately.. WTF? And.. uh.. are you taking me?

Well.. yes, I have left that out.. mainly cuz I'm retarded and of scattered mind lately, I've simply forgotten.. and no, sorry.. no room for you, tho yes, you're completely lovely and I wish I could take you, but Loren, the bestest EVER gay boyfriend a straight girl could ask for, is coming with me.. as is my whole office. Did I mention they're paying for oh.. EVERYTHING? Not gambling.. no no.. but you know.. airfare, hotel, 2 gigantic dinners and most likely drinks (my office.. um.. drinks a little..) for anyone who's been there a year or more AND a guest. We will be staying at the fabulous Mandalay Bay Hotel.. Hi.. it's GOLD. Like the whole building! And since yours truly has never been to the hotel, let alone Vegas (oh, I know.. don't start - I've been to Norway, ok? Have you?!), so I'm utterly clueless as to what's going on there, let me tell you, other than from heresay.. but there's a river that runs thru this hotel.. a RIVER people.. and a WAVE POOL. Where people SURF. Like.. for real. Like they were in the OCEAN.. except, TOTALLY NOT.. cuz they're IN THE LOBBY.. or at least that's what I'm imagining.. so don't ruin it for me til I can take pictures and prove it to you. Don't think I won't either.

It's going to be RAD (Yes, I'm bringing that word back. Shut up.)! Loren even got us Front. Row. Center. seats to see the Cirque Du Soleil's show 'O'. I'm not even going to tell you what he paid for EACH ticket cuz it's simply gross.. Let's just say he won't be splurging on me for any number of holidays or birthdays for years to come..

And WHO watched Grey's Anatomy tonight in the most beautifully CLEAR picture I've ever seen in my life?! Oh dear God, when The Satellite Guy (he corrected me when I called him *gasp* The Cable Guy) was completed and was about to leave, I had to stifle the urge to hug him. It was difficult. I already have all the Lost episodes ready to record.. and every single damn minute of the Oscars on Sunday, since I'll be coming back to sanity from Vegas - the pre-show dallying and gawking at everyone's cleavage in their overpriced gowns as well as the main show and of course, the aftermath discussing who messed up in dress choices and who was cute as could be or annoying-as-ever-Tom-and-Katie-gagging-combo and then I have ALL. DAY. OFF. the next day to watch all blissful zillion hours of that fine fine evening.. I love that shit. I'm ridiculous. Yes I know this already.. be quiet.

That leads finely into Swimming in the Shallows, which is this fun play I saw with Keither on Thursday.. and yes, I'm so going out of order.. so sue me. But this play is great! It's funny! There's a shark in it! It's done by Washington Ensemble Theatre, or W E T as they're called, which couldn't be more perfect for a Seattle-based theatre company. The acting couldn't have been better really, the set was simple, yet very cool, the script is contemporary and quick-witted.. and um.. the guy who played the shark was cute. Not like I noticed or anything, he's probably 12, but.. still. If you live here, seriously, go see it.. like, now. I'm not kidding. Don't make me come over there..

Friday night was Brandi Carlile, and Wow. A-MAY-ZING voice, which I think every time I see her, and oh.. randomly, we were right next to her GRANDMOTHER whom I had to gush for a moment all over cuz I told her we thought her grandaughter was incredible.. She said something to the effect of 'Oh, we think that too,' and called me 'baby' a few times when she asked to get by us. Tee hee..

And get this.. I got a message on myspace yesterday from a very nice girl named Treena saying something about me looking good, hi, how are you, see you later. That was it. Obviously, I think, well, that's nice of that very nice young girl to find me all out of the blue and say such nice nice things and then I see her cute little profile and she's from Lincoln City, where I went to high school, and in the span of a millisecond I put all the things together and then it hits me: Um.. duh.. that's TREENA.. like, the Treena who was in the same high school class as YOU dummy (this is what I was saying to myself.. not you, the reader.. out there.. duh.. unless you know her.. ?)! And we exchange a few messages over myspace and I read some of her blogs and, get this.. she sounds just like me. Like a lot lot. And I'm trying to remember.. I didn't think we were that close, but we had many of the same classes, hung around the same people, tho I was much MUCH nerdier and oh, you should've just SEEN my eyebrows.. well, you will never, but trust me.. scary. Me = big BIG dork in high school, tho at least not completely stupid.. and her = rather popular, fun, sweet.. don't have anything bad to say about her at all, especially since her parents owned a candy store in town and there's really nothing bad you can say about someone who's parents own a candy store now can you? I think at some point we were cheerleaders together, but it was 17 years ago, so I could be wrong. Yeah.. hi, did you catch that? SEVENTEEN YEARS.. AGO. In the past. When perms were in, people. Oh.. it was a frightening time. But it made my whole day to find out what she's been doing all this time - girl's in the Air Force.. da-ham! She's married, two gorgeous little girls and we'll be trading more pictures of all our friends' kids I'm sure and reminiscing like mad. Isn't this world so tiny sometimes? It's just wee!

Last night - yes now Sunday is last night cuz it's Monday at 7:06pm right now - I do have things to do people - I did get busy tho - noooo.. not that kind of busy you filthy filthy monsters.. somehow I just got on a mission and now I'm almost completely unpacked! Things are starting to get organized and up on shelves and there's almost no newspaper OR cardboard left at all! And the roommate is almost picked.. skies are looking bluer even tho it's terribly rainy and grey here.. but I refuse to see that! Things are shining up.. they really are! Ok.. I'm delirious.. vegasvegasvegas!!

Aaaaaaaaand.. the brevity skills are so sucking.. have you noticed? No? Hm.. you look a little like a LIAR.. but that's ok. I like you for that. Keep that up.

4 days til VEGAS! Whoo hoo!

8 comments:

Pomgirl said...

Oh my! I checked out the link to that hotel in Vegas and I have gone green with envy. Truly fab, sounds like you will have so much fun. I think I may change my mind about getting married and suggest we do that whole Vegas wedding thing JUST SO I CAN GO THERE!

Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Time for some Elvis tunes!

selling my soul said...

By the way, Norway is much cooler then Vegas. But have as much fun as you can cause if you're anything like me you wont remember half of it the next day.

P said...

Darling, clearly you're ready for Vegas...but, uh, have you cleared it with Vegas? Is the city of glitz and glitter really ready for the brunt, full-force impact of my little bling girl? The city, itself, may need recovery time from you!

Hope you have a superfab trip!

Ironika Beaverhausen said...

i didn't see mention of my free manicure service... how am i supposed to rack up a clientele, when you don't mention my services darling ? is it shameful ?

Anonymous said...

Vegas, Vegas, Vegas! I'm sooo excited! And maybe just a little nervous that "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas" might not be a true saying when traveling with the Princess. Vegas look out here we come!
~Loren

freethoughtguy said...

Viva.. Las.. Vegas!

(I like your minimalist ellipses style, so I had to try it!)

Miss Devylish said...

Oh.. y'all are so sweet and yes Ms Turtle.. do you think I don't know who you are..? Tho better keep that evidence in check cuz yes, I do hold some against you as well.. but it's safely protected.. for now.