Pages

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Love Love Love

It isn't often you are privileged to witness the meeting of soul mates.. the connection of two people so clearly meant for each other that they can actually create warmth in a room just by standing in it together.

Just a couple of years ago, I convinced my friend, Ironika, that our rambunctious little group should stop off at one more bar as our night was quickly fading.. and cuz we weren't really big drinkers, so were we..

We sat at the only table open, next to a couple of guys having a drink and a chat between old friends and quickly, we were apart of their evening.

I don't think anyone knew it right then, but looking back, you say to yourself, 'Well.. of course.. they're so perfect for each other..' and honestly, they really are.

I've never been to a more moving ceremony.. one in which every woman in the audience was held captive by every single word spoken by the groom for the sheer dedication he put behind it and how firmly it conveyed his love for her and every single thing he loved about her.

And when she spoke, there was a communal desire hanging over the garden - a hope that one day the rest of us would feel one ounce of what she was feeling right at that moment, the power of knowing someone loved her just as much as she loved him and not just enough to keep going.. but enough to recognize the significance in their partnership and that this is the one that will carry them thru the years.

It was charming. It was sweet. I cried. A lot. And I read a poem with ponies in it.. and almost couldn't finish it. I was so overwhelmed.

I witnessed love at its finest hour and it was truly beautiful.

14 comments:

Indiana said...

It truly is all about love.

kario said...

I am so glad that you got to be a part of that. And I know they were very lucky to have you there, reading about ponies...

I truly believe that you will find this someday. Because you have such an open heart and open mind and can recognize the beauty around you, you will find it.

Loved this post!

Ironika Beaverhausen said...

hello lovey ! you are sweet, and it wouldn't have been the same without you. everyone who came that day built a magic around us... we could feel it, and were so moved. what a fun, beautiful day ! and thank you for being the first one with pictures ! exciting to see proof that it all really did happen... i could burst into blossom ! : ) love you !

ib

Anonymous said...

You are so good at making us feel what you are!

Buzzdome said...

I wasn't there, but I know that feeling you described. For the bride and groom, get "The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work" by Dr. John Gottman. I learned more about how to keep love alive than from any other book. Great description of what must have been a beautiful day!

Perhaps you might share the poem with your loyal friends and readers...?

P said...

Beautiful description. Beautiful bride! Beautiful couple! Yes - that's a great Gottman book as well, Buzzdome.

IB: hope more of your pictures make it out into circulation. Rumour has it that that you were beyond radiant.

Anonymous said...

Miss D,

Beautiful love is so lovely. Nuff said :) :0)

Picture coming soon.

-Bradly.

Rigmor said...

That's really sweet - and it is really noce to see he warmth you wrote this with! It really comes through.

It's easy to be a cynic, but I think if you do love somebody enough that cynic layer might just peel off.

Jake said...

You have a big heart. That's a very good thing, and you are a very special person.

Anonymous said...

the love that you felt can be felt through this post.
All the best wishes to the newly weds:)

Miss Devylish said...

Indy: I think so.. when you allow yourself to be in the moment - and that day we were all in it. It just carried over.

kario: I hope so.. and thanks sister.. glad you liked it!

ironika: Love you right back girl.

Treens: Aww.. thanks!

Buzzdome: I've heard of that book.. I think I should read it and prepare! I may share the poem.. I'll have to ask the bride if she minds first.

Pix: I'm waiting for more pics too.. You'll see her tomorrow and I'm sure she can tell you all about it.

Bradley: Ok.. well.. we're all waiting dear..

Rigmor: I've watched cynics turn into mushy lovers.. it can happen.

Jake: I am special.. I rode the short bus to school. Seriously tho, thanks. :)

popeye: Aww.. glad that wasn't a bad thing.

in2deep: I'm really happy to hear that. Thank you!

MommyHeadache said...

Aw, that is so cute. I guess you are wondering when your prince will come. And he will come, I feel that love is in the air for you Miss Devylish!

Miss Devylish said...

emma: I'm glad you're thinking so positively girl.. course I just read that you're sorta on that job of finding my mr. right in your comments.. I do hope you've got a plan cuz I tell ya, mine have all been rubbish so far. If you have new ideas, I'm all ears. :)

Unknown said...

i came back and found this and every time, i'm at loss for words.

what's the poem with ponies?