Pages

Monday, October 02, 2006

Is That A Pixie In Your Pocket Or Are You Just Happy To See Me?


Fall is here. And among the things it brings with it such as the miserably cold and wet weather and bundling up in winter coats and sweaters, is mostly just one thing I really care about: celebration. Many of my friends mark their birthdays around now and the next few months, as do I in November - but the official beginning of Fall was last night with the half-birthday of a friendly Pixie, who normally doesn't commemorate the day she was born, but I have to say, it was about time. She is certainly worth an entire day dedicated solely to her. And tho a little on the quieter side, the group rallied when visited by the surprise guest, Bill Clinton.. with tear-away pants.


Oh yes. Believe it. And if you don't - cuz trust me, I had a hard time myself and I was there - pictures are to your right on Flickr. Yes, go ahead. I dare you. Be grateful you didn't have to look at his.. um.. backside as much as I did, thank you. Or the fact that after the 'show' was over, I'd never witnessed someone so comfortable walking around in just a g-string that they could stand around chatting. It didn't help he actually knew one of Pixie's guests personally. We were all shocked at the nonchalance of chat - 'I thought I recognized you. How's your sister?' There was much picking up of jaws from the floor while I kept wondering when he was going to remove the dollar bills he stuffed.. um.. down there.. during his little 'dance'. Wasn't that uncomfortable? But mostly, I kept whispering under my breath, 'Um.. when's he going to put his PANTS back ON? Hellooo?!' I mean, there was a lot of paying attention to the cheese and cracker plate and trying our best to just keep the eyes down.

But you can't say this party will be quickly forgotten.. not for a loooong time.

She's taught me that you don't have to wait until Halloween to dress in costumes, that you don't have to spend a lot of money to find a one-of-a-kind treasure, and tho she isn't the easiest girl to get to know, that I actually may know her better than I think I do..

Happy 30.5 my dear friend! Here's to a fabulous woman and the next six months til the next mile marker.. surprises sure to ensue then as well.. but no more strippers.. ok?

9 comments:

P said...

Um...ya...I will NEVER, EVER, EVER forget this birthday. Thanks for the pictures and all your efforts, toots. Sometimes, it's the elusive, quieter parties that turn out to be the most surprising and memorable. Kind of like people. But not always.
XOXOXO

lady miss marquise said...

I missed Bill Clinton's ASS?

I was there with you lovelies in spirit... and am so happy to see pink wigs.
You are both such dear hearts and I am looking forward to the Devyl's bash...

LMM x x

Indiana said...

Any party where Bill gets to be the guest of honour and then knows someone either says it was a hell of a gathering or too small a world...

looks like you all had fun ~grin~

Anonymous said...

Oh, I stand around chatting in a g-string all the time.

NOT REALLY! Ack! We have already discussed the male-stripperage issue, so we will go no further, but yay for pink wigs and happy pixies! I'm glad you guys had a fabulous time.

Anonymous said...

Miss D,

Once in Brazil they had a "speedo" festival. Not good. Too many men, and the conversations, somehow, all turned to real estate! No kidding!!

Ciao,
Bradly

Ironika Beaverhausen said...

yay ! birthdays ! now we just need to get her thinking about 'birthday week'... and once you're there, you'll be able to tackle... 'birthday month'. not for the faint of heart. but huzzah for pixie party ! one small birthday step for pixies...

Dustin said...

wow

.....i've been away, and i come back to this.

lol

wow


hi....?

Miss Devylish said...

Pixie: You're welcome sugar.. anytime!

LadyMiss: You certainly did.. and yes, you'd better be down here for mine or there will be some curls that'll be severely pulled.

Indy: Well, Bill knows how to party I suppose. Next time, I'd like the pants to stay on tho.

Treens: Yes, ick.. I think I may have reached the stripper quotient for the next year at least!

Bradly: Still waiting for that picture that seems to not be arriving too quickly.. hm...

Ironika: We'll have to work her up to birthday month slowly.. I figure in about 5 yrs we should have a 2 mth long birthday going from hers to yours. We'll be exhausted!

Dustin: Wow yourself. Hi back.

Unknown said...

I gotta get me one of those wigs! Maybe it would make me look a little effeminate, though? You and Pixie are my fashion icons!