Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Happiness Is A List

Can you feel it? You know.. that it's almost summer?! It's so close, isn't it? The sun is out, everyone is smiling, happiness is oozing.. like.. um.. stuff that might ooze - it's a good thing. That's what I'm saying. And I don't have anything in particular to be happy about.. but I'm happy. How great is that?! Happy for no reason. That doesn't suck. But since it's late and I've been up since 6am working today and really need sleep, I'll be listy about all my things happy..

Things I'm Happy About:

* Hi! Sun! And 75 today! Whoo hoo! Love it!

* Um.. can you say 3-day weekend?! God love the military for doing something right and giving us a frickin holiday.

* I gave myself a very good tarot reading last night. Not the reading I gave of course cuz I'm terribly awkward, checking my book and notes and whatnot - tho I'm very quick about it all.. just the cards that came up were particularly telling of good things to come and other nonsense that's past. I like that.. nonsense in the past because that's certainly where nonsense belongs, don't you think? And good in the future? Yeah.. pretty much.

* I'm going to be a member of Unicycle - a theatre collective started by my friends, Keith and Mary. Finally, I may actually start using that degree I spent 4.25 years achieving after all! Mom will be proud.

* I'm absolutely IN LOVE with this new Miguel Migs cd, Those Things. Nothing else says summer to me like music that makes you want to move. I listened to it all day at work today and practically danced all the way out the door and to the gym.. and even home while making dinner. The cat was perplexed. And he's going to be here July 20th (Miguel, not the cat. The cat is a she and always here.). Who's excited?! Ok.. duh. You don't have to answer that.

* My friend, Blake, came in second on American Idol - nothing to sneeze at and something to be proud of certainly. Second will absolutely not hurt his chances at becoming successful at all. That boy had a good portion of 74 MILLION votes! Holy crap! He'll be just fine. The world is going to eat him up.

* Speaking of eating, that's what Fatima and I did while we watched with much shock and much more awe that American Idol finale. Wow, that is a really important 4 minutes surrounded by a 116 pretty crappy other minutes. Good thing we had cake to eat. Really.. we did. I brought it from work. So what if it was for the monthly birthdays.. like 3 days ago. It still rocked. Ohmygod did it ever.

* I have a date tomorrow. I know.. stop it, you're shocked.. well.. it's a first date, and like many first dates, will probably end there - but maybe it won't. Don't know yet. Either way, afterwards, I'm meeting up w/ Kat to dish because first dates aren't allowed to take up an entire Friday night. Not yet anyway. Girl dates take priority.

* Summer means vacation is coming up, which is an ENTIRE WEEK in July that I'm spending on the Oregon Coast with my family like we did last year. Secluded beaches, starfish, fabulously gorgeous sunsets, the likes of which you never have enough time normally to appreciate, and simply relaxing and breathing in my family who I've grown closer to in recent years. I'm aching for it to be here already.. however.. before that is..

* The biggest, bestest, bad ass-est blogger visit yet.. especially since she's coming All The Way From GERMANY just to see us, thank you very much. Some of you might know her as Ammogirl, but since I went to high school with the tiny, little, talkative thing, I get to call her Treena.. or some form of that.. Treens, Treenster.. Tree.. hm.. odd.. Basically, whatever she'll tolerate because Ammogirl is just.. well.. strange outside of Blog Worldland. So when she gets here.. Kario, Pix and possibly others and I, will hit the town, annoy the fuck out of everyone younger than us, drink more than we're used to (well, not more than Treena - she does this thing where she IM's you after she's had a few.. Girl, you are funny!) while falling down a lot, reminisce about high school and laugh at how old we actually are now, which is still hard to believe considering some of us feel (and act) like we're kids. And it's the end of June people! How many more days is that, Treens? Like 42 or something? Hey.. that's close and I totally only guessed!

Alright. That's it for me. Go! Mingle! Find some cake!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah...and I can't FREAKING WAIT!

yay!

kario said...

You're not so much a list-maker as a series of paragraphs-maker ;-).

In any case - I'm glad you're happy. Have a terrific date-night (girl-date and guy-date). Can't wait to hear all about Unicycle.

P said...

I'm so excited for Treena's visit that I just quit my job to fully clear my schedule. 'Cuz you know, I want to have time, full time. :P

Kara said...

find some cake...mmm now I want cake.

Miss Devylish said...

treens: Me either!

kario: I know, I know.. Pomgirl is way better at listing, I run off at the keys.. but the idea is still there!

pix: I hope she knows how important this visit is. No pressure now. And yay for quitting!!

kara: I could send you some.. but it might have a few bites out of it... fyi.

Anonymous said...

ooooo...shiny! i LOVE it!

now i want to copy you. but i won't.

P said...

Um, hi, your blog looks RAD!

Miss Devylish said...

Thanks girls! :) Whoo hoo for me!