Pages

Monday, June 04, 2007

Hate Needs Love Too


Tho I've really felt a positive pull and have had a very good first half of the year (knock on wood), I've been tagged by the charming Pomgirl and it's been a while since I've done a meme - so I obliged.. It's always good to get the bitching out just in case it's building for an explosion, right? It's my own personal charity to the world. No need to thank me now.. You can just send wine/chocolate/money at your earliest convenience.

The 10 Things I Hate Most In Other People:

1. The thought that voting for George W. was a good idea and still is
When you have a guy with a history of running four (FOUR!!) companies into bankruptcy and oh.. general daddy-will-get-me-out-of-anything type thinking combined with well-documented drug and alcohol abuse, what sort of leader do you think you're going to get? And then you vote for him AGAIN?! We will have to agree to disagree, but if you could refrain from breeding, many of us would appreciate it.

2. Inconsiderate-and-not-thinking-of-others-ness
Turn off lights in rooms where you are not, clean the red lint from your nasty laundry out of the dryer and don't leave it there for me to remove, read what can be recycled (paper, plastic containers), what can't (all lids associated with said containers, singular plastic grocery bags), and put in the proper bins (glass does NOT go in the green container, it goes in the brown one, marked frickin 'GLASS.'), take off your shoes when you live in a hardwood-floored home and have neighbors who live below you because wearing clogs ALL DAY EVERY DAY is not neighborly at all. How hard is it, really??

3., 4., 5., & 6. The lack of the necessary skills most people need to be good drivers, ie., unable to merge, drive the speed limit, to find their way or signal
Don't stop the traffic behind you because you are too scared to use that pedal under your right foot that makes your car go. Merging means to blend yourself in, but with the flow of traffic. If you slow or stop everyone else, you are failing miserably. Simple as that.

Also, go. Like.. today. See that sign? It's says 60 or even 70 at times. That does not mean 50 or even 55. You are on the freeway. If you want to go slower, that is where the far right lane comes in. Don't take your self-righteous I'm-going-fast-enough attitude to the far left where I am trying to pass your slow-as-molasses ass. I have places to be and I'd like to get there. If you don't want to arrive til tomorrow, be my guest.. but MOVE OVER.

If you don't know where you are going, don't get on your cell phone and go slower because you are dialing your friend who can't give you good directions OR pull out a map from the passenger-side door, which you can barely reach. Pull over and stop. That doesn't mean stop in front of me when you should be going 35. No, it doesn't. It means pull over in a driveway, off the shoulder, into a gas station, but for the love of Pete, get off the damn road!

Hi. Yes.. you Mr. Driver of very expensive, power everything, tinted-windowed and new BMW/SUV/Audi. I think that car came with turn signals, did it not? Or did you opt for the lower-end model that somehow didn't have them added? I don't think so. I think you took that option of the bronze-handled stick shift and 18 speaker stereo, individual dvd player for every 2.5 child who will be sitting in back, and offer of a blowjob if you buy TODAY from the over-eye-make-up'd sales woman on the eastside in order to get this fine piece of German design and you are just choosing, by nature of being a complete moronic jackass, to not use those signals so cleverly included because you are just too good for them and everyone behind you that you have clearly cut off should've read your fucking mind.

7. Not looking after your children
The fact you are in a restaurant does not give you free reign to allow your toddler to throw a variety of whatever you're feeding them and/or demanding from the waitstaff (more crackers) all over the floor. Just because you aren't at home doesn't mean someone else should clean up after your child. Keep these thoughts in mind as you let them run rampant in the grocery store, maniacally harass the neighbor's dog, and generally destroy things that aren't theirs. I can't wait to see where they get in life with that level of discipline.. um.. Riker's maybe?

8. No ability to plan
Ok.. so I'm just saying, can't we find a happy medium between um.. my preferred brand of two weeks in advance and your oh.. three hours? Please?! I can if you can.. but 'Let's talk about it then' and 'If it's meant to happen, it will' sort of thinking is KILL-ING MEEE.. I would take even a 48-hour call. I'm a spontaneous girl. I'm fully fine with that, but then don't send me a text that day or even the day after and say 'Oh well, maybe next time' or 'Raincheck?' because.. yeah.. duh.. obviously.

9. Spelling issues
Ok.. I'm guilty of this when I want to make a point and I think hyphenated and gross capitalization of your completely made-up words are part of being creative (not to mention comic genius), but make some sense with them, ok? And I really have to draw the line at these: their and there, your and you're, to and too, it's and its. Know. The. Difference. I mean, c'mon.. my 7-year-old niece knows better. I will give you that affect and effect are tougher.. those get me every time, and you should be able to emphasize your 'ninja skilz' with your favorite z.. whatever Treena but these are basic.. eensy even. So if you hit on me on myspace with a 'your hotttttt,' I can assure you that we will have no future other than that of 'delete.'

10. Your dishes*
I know it's so much more effort to get to the sink rather than just setting that peanut-buttered knife on the counter, but unless you think it might wander to the sink and wash itself, which it won't - not even after three days - it will require you picking it up and cleaning up its mess afterwards. Also, you should know that clean dishes - whether in a dish rack or dishwasher - don't walk themselves to the cupboards like magic either. Fyi.

Phew! Well.. I feel WAY better now! How about you, you or hey, you? Anyone else?

*This has nothing to do with my current roommate who is GREAT actually - this just means historically those I may have co-habitated with and not in any romantic level cuz that would mean I may not have minded so much as I've minded in certain other times so very not romantic but actually way more annoying.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about Naderites and Gorophiles? There just as guilty don't you think? Your irritated by poor spelling, but its important to look for the content, the sprit of the message. OK thats my too cents.

Miss Devylish said...

boris: You make a ha ha.. you funny. I hope you make a funny cuz if not, you not so bright.

Bittersweet Confusion said...

An addendum to #10.. Dirty socks do not magically make their way to the hamper either...

And that is for romantic co-habitant and the non-romantic variety.

Miss Devylish said...

bittersweet: Uh yeah. I'd agree w/ you sister!

Anonymous said...

Please add one more to #9: We all make mistakes, typos, et cetera; but know the proper use of "lose" and "loose". One can have loose change, but one cannot "loose" money.

RedKev said...

Did you like the flight of the concords premiere, or did you just go to for the free beer and wine?

Miss Devylish said...

artmonster: OMG totally! How do people not notice that?!

redkev: Hey stranger! Actually, we got there and we asked like 3 times how this was going to work and they sent us downstairs for drinks and said they'd come get us along w/ everyone else. When the theater started to fill up, I asked again and saw there was clearly no room. I was like.. uh.. what happened to coming and getting us? And she just stammered.. and was like, well there's another showing at 9. This was 7:45 mind you and we were starving. She promised us food at 8, which was actually 8:15 and a table full of 4 different kinds of overfried samosas so we left for Mexican food and never even saw the premier episode. I did end up w/ a t shirt tho and we all had free beer/wine so whatevs. They are so liars tho.

Anonymous said...

Was that Flight Of The Conchords? If so, I hope the shirt says "I went to the premier of Flight Of The Conchords and all I got was this lousy t-shirt! ;-)

P said...

I'm hanging my head in shame for #8...

Miss Devylish said...

artmonster: It was.. and it should say that.. cuz that's how I feel about it.

pix: Oh please.. that was for every guy friend I have.. you're at least something I can work with and understand. We're good.. it's the male side I was hinting to. PS. Nice pic.

uneekness said...

In addition to the references you made in 3,4,5, and 6 is the driving in the rain or when it is "misting." HELLO!? How many years have these people lived in Washington and *still* drive 40 - 50 mph below the speed limit.. even when the speed limit is 35! One drop of rain on the windsheild and its a brake light symphony.


Or.. the person who drives s-l-o-w while you're behind them and once you pass them, or signal as if to pass, they are suddenly Speed Racer.

Miss Devylish said...

uneekness: TOTALLY! I should just copy your comment and add it and make 6.5 or something cuz those are both seriously thoughts I've had and honestly, I don't get why people do that. God! ;)

uneekness said...

If you haven't guessed yet, this is Art :)

Another for me would be the "rice rockets." Surfboards for spoilers and mufflers the size of an old Maxwell House coffee tin that sound like they should be mowing a golf course than being on the road.

Driving to college in Seattle while living in Tacoma for years has ruined me.. hehehe

My philosphy on driving has always been, "Get from point A to point B faster than you could walking; period." That's great that you can see the Space Needle from the freeway, just don't slow down to take pictures of it and block me and all lanes of traffic to do so.

Miss Devylish said...

Art/Uneekness: I'm so w/ you there! The spoilers drag down the gas mileage too. So not necessary. And usually ugly.

RedKev said...

No harm meant. The company on the 1st floor of your building to the left are clients of ours, so I am in and out of there all the time. I even do some cash jobs on the side for a lady who works for them. I also go to the third floor a lot for a different client in Georgetown.

Enjoyed this post. I could write an entire manifesto on stupid drivers since I'm on the road 8 hours a day. I plan to be killed by a taxi eventually.

Miss Devylish said...

redkev: Well, good thing I don't work there anymore. Our office moved - but we see plenty of bikers because apparently y'all do this neat trick once a month that's all suicide like on eastlake. Scares the bejeesus out of all of us drivers during rush hour. Apparently the cops really like it too. But please don't die from a taxi.. my brother was hit twice by them on his motorcycle.. and I should have a whole post on how bad they are here..

Also.. please please take that icky picture of me down.. ? I mean.. ew..

Christine Staley said...

I think you and I could be best friends...

or possibly separated at birth.

Either one, really.

RedKev said...

Picture down. I usually have 10 packages a day coming to or from Eastlake. I assume you are referring to "critical mass" where lots of bicycles ride slow and in a big group thru town to protest oil consumption. Counterproductive according to most messengers, myself included. It would be better to have that same group of people riding quickly thru traffic so everyone in their cars could see how much faster you can get thru rush hour on a bike.

Miss Devylish said...

redkev: Thanks for that.

Critical mass? Protesting oil consumption? Um.. ok. No one on the road knows that other than the bikers. And they didn't ride that slow.. they didn't signal they were getting in and out of lanes, they rode in large groups - I mean, if you want to be a proponet of biking, which a lot of people who drive are, then wouldn't the better way be to show respect on the roads and obey the laws they're supposed to like oh.. not running lights and stop signs and not scaring drivers to death? It shouldn't be bikes vs cars.. They should start a little higher than the individual driver in my opinion. *steps off soapbox* :)