Pages

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Thinking, Aching, Golfing, & Celebrating

My head is a bit fuzzy because I think I've come down with a lovely combination of viruses that may have formerly been homeless. Now they've shacked up in my insides and might be picking out curtains. I'm feeling rather hurty and icky and yes, those are the technical terms.

I left work before noon and was in bed as soon as I came in the door. Emma didn't know what to think, but cuddled right up to me anyway with a look that if I was going to go back to bed, so was she. And there we slept for 5 straight hours. Hard.

I was supposed to be going out to celebrate Mrs. Pixie's new sense of freedom in the form of unemployment, which I am oh so excited about for her, but I sat up and my head = woozy and the body, achey.. and therefore it was determined the only thing I would be doing other than going back to sleep as soon as possible, would be finding my way to my kitchen to make something to eat, tho I want/ed to hurl at even having the idea, but I made myself anyway and I still a) feel tons of nausea and b) don't feel any better whatsoever at all. Poo.

While killing time trying to digest food I really couldn't taste, I was doing blog research (read: checking out who has linked to me recently) and people! I, Miss Devylish, have been granted a Thinking Blog Award! TWICE! Were you aware this possibility was out there? I tell you it was news to me! And that, you know, sometimes people actually think because of things I wrote! I know it's incredibly hard to believe, but it seems to be true! The darling girl over at Finnspace and the very kind Popeye both were tagged by individuals who are fans of their sites and they, in turn, tagged me (like IN APRIL! Hi! Where was I?!), and I must say how terribly flattered I am. They said some very nice things and I maybe blushed.

So now it's my turn to tag 5 blogs that make me think (tho I'm posting more than that because I was mentioned twice so I'm giving myself more room here, thank you.):

1. Miss Doxie: She is the reason I began blogging in the first place and my favoritest writer on the InterWeb EVER due to her amazing gift at humor. She is random and creative and a great word-maker-upper and then she'll suddenly throw in something so incredibly touching about the people and dogs in her life and you are right there with her and just a mess of tears, but she always lifts my spirits and my co-workers are always wondering what the hell I'm giggling about.

2. The Dog's Name and Charming, But Single: Indy is one of the better male bloggers out there, in my opinion, and I'm putting him with Charming because I don't link to many sites that are dedicated to discussing the trials and tribulations of dating, but I think the two of them combined are basically the best he said/she said sites out there and I hope they don't mind that I think that. He reminds me of most of the men I know: smart, flirty, thinks you look good in those jeans and her dating life reminds me of how little luck I'm having - but she's funnier and writes better (and she's actually probably luckier than I've been lately.).

3. The Writing Life and Ammogirl: These women have special places in my heart because they have known me for a large portion of my life and knew who I was before I ever even thought of creating this InterWeb alias. Kari has so much she wants to share and she takes everything life throws at her and writes for the feel of creating and for therapy, so she can grow and understand all that she's trying to control, but can't, which makes her incredibly human, identifiable, and endearing. Treena is just crazy, in a good way, and she and I relate by way of made-up words, over-italicizing and over-capitalization because we are just trying to get our points across with every ounce of enthusiasm (or frustration, which ever applies) we are possibly feeling right at that moment that we must get out and I'm always excited by that kind of sister energy.

4. Pomgirl, Sometimes Funny Is All I Have, and ... Mishaps, Missteps, And Manecdotes: These English, or practically English, birds are listed together because they have brought me infinite joy and with any read have provoked me to think long and hard.. or just laugh a lot - like Pom, for example. The last line of her most recent post says, "I got paid today and bought sweets, and it made me very happy." Now isn't this something that just brings the smiling back to your face? It does mine. She's bravely honest when she lets you in more personally, but then she puts up a very icky picture of the largest spider ever in her house and tells you she's named it Bob. What's not to love?! We will meet and share drinks and candy one day!

While LĂ©onie, an aspiring singer/songwriter is never overrun with pretention or angst and just comes across as a darling girl trying to follow her dream. She also loves magical ponies, shoes, Charmed, and taking pictures of herself in pub bathrooms. She's witty without ever a mean spirit about her and I'm quite fond of her.

And then there's Lady Miss Marquise, who's come all the way from the UK to live in BC and has become a Real Life Friend of mine, but who's also now on an official blogging break. Still, she's worth mentioning because she's painfully intelligent in her writing and she always grabs me with how she can bring out the beauty in a single moment.. or the awkwardness in the realization of a mistake. Things we all may see and do, but don't necessarily write about as cleverly as she does. I miss her.

5. Pixie Rising: Last, but certainly not least, Mrs. Pix does something a lot of bloggers do, which is to write in short little bursts a bit here and there, but tho I'm probably biased, she continually reminds me that not everything needs shared. Some things are nice if kept to yourself but here.. look.. she found something special. It's a lot of little lovely things and you don't need to schedule a whole lot of time to breathe it in.. it just takes a moment and she's touched you. Plus I rather like her pictures and her choice of music.

There! Now.. your turn if you like.

The rules are only these:
1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think.
2. Link to this post (from The Thinking Blog) so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme
3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote.
**********************

Not to forget the fun that was had last weekend as well, I must mention Seattle Urban Golf 2007. I did this last year with friends and Pixie and I had so much fun we forged on again this year. Nine holes and as many bars. Holy lightweights.. There were costumes of mimes and cowgirls in plaid socks and plaid-er dresses and tho it rained this year, our fervor couldn't be dampened.. oh no, it could not! So I leave you with a few of my favorite shots and you are welcome to view the whole thing complete with comments and fancy notes here.

Again, congrats Pixie! So much love!

You all take your vitamins now you hear me? I'm going back bed! Nighty night!





4 comments:

P said...

Oooh - you were celebrating with me in spirit last night, if not in spirits. :) Hope you feel better, sweets. Love you.

Anonymous said...

Sorry you're sick. Feel better soon! And thanks for the new reading material! Ciao!

Anonymous said...

Ew. Sickness. Blech.

Feel better!

Miss Devylish said...

pix: And as soon as all the celebrating was over, I did feel better. Lame.

finn: I'm all better today, thank goodness. And you're welcome. Thank YOU!

popeye: Yes, it was. But all better now! :)