Pages

Thursday, August 16, 2007

A Call To Arms

In 10 days there will be a caravan of three girls, two blondes and a semi-red-headed brunette (who needs her hair dyed), amped up to the highest degree, headed to a makeshift tented city in the middle of the Nevada desert, which will consist of dust, a dried up alkaline lakebed, and about 40,000 other people from across the country for an entire week. And tho I will reveal more about this specific event later, whilst the three amigas are en route and consciously detaching from their interweb addiction and trying to prevent the forseeable and ugly withdrawel symptoms, yours truly is going to need a stand-in, a substitute, another perspective, if you will, to fill the empty blogspace, not to mention supply much needed entertainment to my now five whole readers the masses who remain.

Yes, that's right. I'm soliciting your assistance. Your creativity. Your time. Your ability to use three dots for ellipses rather than my rogue (and honestly, incorrect) use of just two (Y'all think I don't know or something, but I do it on purpose. Oh I'm just the vigilante of grammer I tell you.. whatever that means.).

So, if you think you could be up for this daunting task, the criticism, the comments, the overwhelming responsibility of being well.. basically a better me than me, have your people call my people and we'll start making some magic, not to mention history. Aw yeah.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are some mighty big shoes to fill. You deserve more credit than you realize.

P said...

Actually, only about a size 7...

Anonymous said...

Um hello. It's Burning Man. As if that's a surprise or secret.

Indiana said...

And what would we get to write about?

Miss Devylish said...

kevin: Pix is right. Just a size 7 or so. Not too big. Anyone can do it. But thank you, that's sweet. :)

pix: Hey, if he wants to compliment, let him. It's ok w/ me.

patient: Um hi. I know. See the previous post where I actually mentioned it. Wasn't a surprise NOR was it secret. Just wasn't the point of THIS post. Please take your snark elsewhere if you're not going to play nice. Um thank you.

indi: Whatever you want sugar. Are you interested?

Anonymous said...

W. B. Yeats, George Orwell, Virginia Woolf, Dillon Thomas, James Joyce, Katherine Mansfield, E. M. Forester, Graham Greene, D. H. Laurence, W. H. Auden, T.S. Elliot, Elizabeth Bowen

Do I win?

Miss Devylish said...

kevin: You totally do! I didn't even know all of them.. Nice!