Pages

Thursday, March 06, 2008

Hold Please

Hello kittens.. I'm so sorry I've been absent and there's a lot to explain. There's good, great, some bad and some just ugly on its way.. I just have to find the time to get to it all and write it well so you can understand it. 

I'm currently in a status of confusion tonight. Just for an example, I wore the sweater to work that I wore for three hours last night to a play.. still clean.. yeah.. except for the big wine stain from when I was trying to walk thru the crowd with the wine in my hand near my shoulder and spilled almost down my back. Who spills wine on the back side of their shoulder?? Apparently I do. Then, who wears the same sweater to work?! Had forgotten til I saw it in the bathroom mirror. And the day only got worse from there. 

My lead position was taken away - temporarily they say.. so they can provide the skills so I can lead effectively - and most importantly, don't have issues with other internal employees, like the one I told the other day that she was pissing me off. Inappropriate? Probably. Unprofessional? Eh.. I believe in telling people how you feel and being direct. HR does not, I guess. 

So the slate will be wiped clean, I will get 'tools' (I could say something there.. but shockingly, biting my tongue), and I will get one more chance. Awesome.

Sometimes I wonder why Independent Wealth is so hard to find.

Now I have to go on a first date. I think it would be a good idea to smile if I want a second one. I just sort of have to figure out how to do that.. 

4 comments:

Paul Barclay said...

You'll get tools. I just work with them. (thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week)

If someone's pissing you off, then they're pissing you off, and should find out. Telling them is more respectable than the other, more rewarding options, such as kicking the prat in the nuts.

Sooo... how did the first date go? Swimmingly, I hope. Unless it was a picnic on a boat in the lake, in which case that would be v. bad.

Anonymous said...

Actually, in many cultures its a sign of good fortune if you spill wine on the back side of your shoulder. I read it in National Geographic. Or maybe National Inquirer. I get those two mixed up.

Hope your date went well and he didn't piss you off.

Miss Devylish said...

paul: I like the more rewarding options.. that's the problem.

The date went well, thank you. We'll see if he gets another. ;)

popeye: Very funny.. hardy har. He didn't piss me off.. lucky date.

Anonymous said...

Well what kind of wine was it? If it wasn't that good you could just dye your whole sweater in it.

Isn't leading really just having followers? So who wants to be followed by people that piss you off? Those HR types can be twits; I know, I was one. And I suspect this job isn't what you want to do when you grow up. What would that be?