Pages

Monday, March 22, 2010

Music Share: Win!

So I'm on this iTunes sharing kick.. and wow.. this is going to be challenging because already at the b's, I have a lot of favorites. So I'll just get going (I'm leaving out the album because hi, y'all have the interweb and your search engines aren't broken..)..

B's

Baby I Love You - Aretha Franklin: Because hi. The woman can sing. Duh. This is a classic.

Baby, It's Cold Outside - I personally love Dean Martin's voice, but my favorite version is from the movie, Elf, because Zooey Deschanel's voice is so dreamy.. I fully covet it. It's my favorite holiday song.

Baby's Got Sauce - G. Love & Special Sauce: This song always makes me think of second boyfriend in Seattle, Anthony - now not so much into monogamy, but I got him well before that. Never had Movie Love before I met him. We still sing this song to each other and smile.

Back Together - Citizen Cope: You'd think I listened to a lot of this guy, but I really don't. Til I alphabetized, I didn't realize I dug so much of his music. The beginning of this sounds straight out of something by Love & Rockets. Yeah, um.. you young'ns won't know who they are..

Backbone - The Tremens: When I met my friend Fatima, I met her rockstar boyfriend at the time and I started dating his drummer, Curtis. Curtis and I were short-lived, but I still have fond memories. He was in this band prior to Fatima's boyfriend's band, Dorkweed, and this was their only cd, Lipsicate. Fuckin great song. It's not on iTunes, so if you want to hear lyrics as great as 'It's in your backbone, I'm singing sha la la, puttin' butter on your scone', email me and I'll send you a copy. You won't be sorry.

Backfire - Aimee Mann: Anthony and I were really into her a few years ago and I still think Bachelor #2 is one of her best cd's. This is just a catchy little thing. She's also married to Michael Penn, brother to Chris and Sean Penn, and who I saw in a small club in Portland in high school and who still is awesome in his own right. So.

Bad Romance - Lady Gaga: Ok, sure, this is just guilty pleasure pop, but the woman not only can play piano gorgeously, but her voice is kick ass.

Baker Baker - Tori Amos: One of the most touching and lovely songs she ever sang I think.

Banana Pancakes - Jack Johnson: I love me some sexy man voice and a guitar. Nothin. Hotter. Plus? He's just singing to his love a happy song about pancakes. Hello?! Awesome.

Bathwater - No Doubt: Ah the days before Gwen was solo. She rocks now, but she always did.

Battle of Who Could Care Less - Ben Folds Five: Saw them open for Counting Crows. Let's just say they were much better than the headliners. He took off his belt and played the piano with it. And even the name is a crack up. They were only three guys. Way to buck the norm, Ben.

Be The One - The Ting Tings: Just fun. They got me thru last summer, in a loud way.

Beautiful Dirty Rich - Lady Gaga: I know, I know. Another. Pfft. You try not to like her.

Because - The Beatles: Just love the fullness and harmonies.

Because I Told You So - Jonatha Brooke: The version from her Live album is much more raw but she's by far one of my favorite singer/songwriters. Her voice is like butter and I'm so jealous of how she writes music. This song is bittersweet and embodies so many endings of my relationships.

Behind The Wheel - Depeche Mode: A classic and I was at this concert too.. also probably in high school. God love Dave Gahan and all his angsty gorgeousness.

Belief - John Mayer: This boy needs a PR rep like nobody's business so he stops putting his foot in his mouth, but before that and still really, he can play guitar like.. damn. I love the second verse.

Belle - Jack Johnson: Less than two minutes, few lyrics, and I'm instantly in Paris as soon as it begins.. ahh.

Beta Boy - Misstress Barbara: Just kick ass electronic. Plus, this woman doesn't mess around. I saw her spin years ago at an enormous rave a friend threw. MB demanded a few things including a room at the W Hotel, 12 bottles of her favorite beer on ice, and four hours to spin. She wasn't getting four hours regardless, only two, but her set? Fucking phenomenal.

Better After All - Jonatha Brooke: Might be bordering on that AC (adult contemporary) label, but there's just something about her I love.

Better Together - Jack Johnson: Weird.. there sure are a lot of B songs by J named people here. This is in the same vein as Banana Pancakes for me.. sweet, lovely, and I want someone with a sexy voice and a guitar to write and sing me a song like this.

Better Version Of Me - Fiona Apple: Love her, love her voice, love everything she does. I have no idea what she's singing about thru most of the song, but it ends with the title and it's sometimes my motto for the day.. Here's coming a better version of me..

Between Sheets - Imogen Heap: I love the way she sings 'absolute bliss'.. and I want some.

Between The Bars - Elliott Smith: More Good Will Hunting. He put out some good stuff then.

Between The Lines - Sarah Bareilles: She has an honest voice I gravitate to, plus she plays piano beautifully.. This one is simple, a little pop, but touching.

Big Lie, Small World - Sting: My friend Sharon and I have an obsession with this man. This song could border on boring, but try to count it.. it's not in 4/4 time.. he does that a lot and I have no clue how. Plus the lyrics are all about a break up letter and this whole comic adventure trying to get it back.

Big Time - Peter Gabriel: He's just kind of a genius. And this video was amazing at the time.

Bizarre Love Triangle - New Order: God love the 80's, I mean, I don't know if the song itself is happy, but hearing it always makes me feel that way. Love the lyrics, love the feel, and it never gets old.

Black Celebration - Depeche Mode: Ahh.. a classic.

Black Horse & The Cherry Tree - KT Tunstall: This song was her big break out. Still one of her best tho not sure what the hell she's singing about, but saw her play it live, she looped all the backgrounds on her the thing she calls the wee bastard and her voice fuckin rocks.

Blackbird - The Beatles: I like Sarah McLachlan's version because it's terribly lovely and slower than the original, which I think it needed.

Bleu - Mark Farina: One of my favorite dj's. Nerdy as all get out, but he knows what he's doing.

The Blower's Daughter - Damien Rice: Always a haunting type of guy, but this song made even more so used at the end of the movie Closer for some reason.. I love the strings in it.

Blue Monday - New Order: My other favorite of theirs.. So so high school. In a good way.

Blue Skies - Landon Pigg: Wrote Falling In Love At A Coffee Shop. I'm a sucker for boys who write girly lyrics and sound all broken about it.. sort of like Joshua Radin.

Bombo - Orishas: Spanish and sometimes French hip-hop.. love it.

Bottle It Up - Sarah Bareilles: A little more poppy and radio-friendly, but whatever. I like her.

Breakable - Ingrid Michaelson: Her voice is perfect and I've missed listening to her for oh, eight months or so because The Boy introduced me to her music.. but she's lovely and girly. Love her.

Breathe (2am) - Anna Nalick: Completely over-played, but still her best song.

Breathe - Telepopmusik: Probably one of my favorite songs of all time. I relax every nerve in my body when I hear it and I've really needed that lately.

Breathe In - Frou Frou: Who Imogen Heap was before she was solo I assume. Groovy.

Breathe Me (Mylo Remix) - Sia: Don't have anything else by her, but I love this version of this song.

Brighter Than Sunshine - Aqualung: Seriously one of the most perfect love songs ever.

Brown Derby Jump - Cherry Poppin' Daddies: Anthony and I cut quite a rug when swing was popular. Saw them in college and they were a good and sexy dirty too. Didn't know how to swing dance then, but, I went not too long ago and couldn't remember a damn thing.

Bubbly - Colbie Caillat: Sickeningly sweet, sure.. but when I'm in love, it's fuckin adorable, ok? Pffft.. you don't know.

Bulletproof - Rilo Kiley: Random and cute.

Burrito - Pete Yorn: He opened for the Foo Fighters once and he's awesome in his own right but still sort of obscure-ish. Not sure why. Any song combining burritos and love should rock.

Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee - Indigo Girls: A political statement, one of many they're known for making, but I love my lesbian folk rock chics.

Buster Voodoo - Rodrigo y Gabriela: If you don't know who they are, find out. Just guitar and kick ass at that. The cd never does them justice because live, they're fucking phenomenal. Look them up on youtube and find out yourself. Trust me.

But Not Tonight - Depeche Mode: So 80's, but probably one of my favorite songs of theirs. Always makes me happy.

Butterflies & Hurricanes - Muse: If I could marry a voice, this man's is one I'd choose. He kills.. Plus the level of music they create is crazy genius. Listen to the classical piano solo mid-song. Makes you go 'Wtf?' but also, 'Do it again!'

Ok. Bed. Now. Zzz.

No comments: