Pages

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Set Backs Could Stop.. Anytime Now.. Thanks

There's a bunch of positive energy going around and you'd think karma might kick in and I'm still holding out hope it will.. but as it always goes, sometimes there's just another shoe waiting to drop or someone else waiting to kick you down as you try to get up. So on the same day I reached someone at the house of the woman who might be my birth mother (not her), I also got the letter from Employment Security saying they backed my former employer and are denying my unemployment benefits.

One step forward.. knocked two back.

Sigh. I need a job.

I may hear next week regarding one that I have to admit I'm holding my breath for.. The timing would be great and I think it's a position that's not only in the field in which I have experience, but one I could really sink my teeth into. I let them know I reached this epiphany without saying exactly why, but they've also worked with me in the past being a vendor of my last employer so they know how I fight for my clients and this could be an advantage to them. I'm really crossing everything possible and whatever god is out there, collective energy of souls.. I hope they hear my prayers.

So this morning was gorgeous, in the upper 50's and headed to mid-60's they say. I had my coffee, was awake enough and thought.. ok, let's do this. I dialed Carmen's number again. This time her husband answered and I almost couldn't breathe. It was an awkward conversation trying not to give away too much and also not seem predatory. She just returned home from the hospital last night after undergoing surgery. He said she was resting and asked if it could wait a couple of weeks, asked if I was an old friend from school and I said, "Um.. no, not from school, she doesn't know me.. I'm more.. a relative. But I've been looking for her for a while so I can wait a while longer to make sure she's the right person, no problem.." He sounded a little less guarded knowing I wasn't a collector or telemarketer maybe, but he was protective. I was so close.. but I'll call again next Saturday. I'm not giving up now.

************************

To distract myself - and possibly you, my dear readers, I've taken the iTunes off of shuffle as someone else's idea made me reorganize alphabetically by song. Ingenious, I thought, and I'm making myself go thru the whole thing til I've hit the end. I'm only into the B's and I've been listening for a couple of weeks. I have to say, I have a great collection I'm happy with and thought sporadically, I'd share the best with you. Keep in mind I like a variety of things - pop, dance/techno from my raver days, really good damn rock, 80's from growing up because.. helloo.. I'm old, people, some things you might call adult contemporary a.k.a slow, mellow, borrrring to some maybe but whatever, and singer/songwriter types some of which are good for chilly Sunday nights or broken hearts or pms days with a pint of Haagen-Dazs. I also like things that sound different, am a musical theater soundtrack whore and have some classical mixed in.. so if you care, search them all up and take a listen. I know I'm such a trendsetter that you'd all follow me in a heartbeat (Ha! As if! Hi last person EVER to get a dvd player/cell phone/rollerblades and see Avatar), but don't blame me if you spend a zillion dollars downloading from iTunes and I'm too quirky or lame for your personal taste. I won't be offended. Seriously. My gift to you.

A's

Again Again - Lady Gaga/The Fame - She seriously has an amazing voice here.

Aha! - Imogen Heap/Ellipse - I love the sound of this one.

Ain't No Sunshine When She's Gone - Bill Withers/Greatest Hits - My ex, Ali, put this on his voicemail when we dated years ago so when I would call, I would hear it and know he was thinking of me. God love that man.

All Dressed Up - Citizen Cope/Every Waking Moment - Just feels good.

All My Life - Foo Fighters/One By One - Just a great rock song and one of the best concerts I've ever seen in my life. Dave Grohl is just hot in my opinion.

All These Things That I've Done - The Killers/Hot Fuss - Any song with a choir in the background should royally kick ass and this one does.

All My Loving - The Beatles (tho the version I have is from the movie, Across The Universe sung by Jim Sturgess, but we'll just say the original is damn catchy.

All You Need Is Love - The Beatles - This truly is a timeless song for me..

Angel - Jack Johnson/Sleep Through The Static - I put this on a cd for The Boy - it doesn't hurt as much anymore.. and he wondered why he didn't find it for me, but it's still a perfect song.

Angel On My Shoulder - Kaskade/Strobelight Seduction - Love most everything Kaskade spins. The gays of our lives and I saw him live not too long ago and danced our asses off.

Angel's Heap - The Finn Brothers/Finn - I love Neil Finn, formerly of Crowded House, a lot. He writes amazing lyrics. His brother, Tim, sang with him on this album, who also doesn't suck.

Angeles - Elliott Smith/Good Will Hunting Soundtrack - Just another good one.

Anything I'm Not - Lenka/Lenka - This girl is just cute all over. I like the way she writes.

Apres Moi - Regina Spektor/Begin To Hope - This song makes me think of big Russians for some reason.. but I love it. Totally different.

Ashes - KT Tunstall/KT Tunstalls' Acoustic Extravaganza - Almost country, not quite, but I love the cussing in this one.

Astair - Matt Costa/Songs We Sing - Discovered him while dating The Boy and he's addicting.

Atlantic - Keane/Under The Iron Sea - I liked the album before this, but didn't love them til this one. Just find this one moving.

Au Pays De Gandhi - MC Solaar/Mach 6 - French rapping. What else could you possibly want?

Australia - The Shins/Wincing The Night Away - The very beginning you can barely hear they say 'Time to put the earphones on' in this very almost bossy German voice and this teeny tiny little girl's voice says emphatically, 'NO!' It's just awesome.

Awe - Citizen Cope/Every Waking Moment - This guy just kinda grooves. I love it. And there's horns in it.

Ok - off to the gym to work out this strange day. Love to you, kittens!

1 comment: