Pages

Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Needed: Just A Little Luck


So my pretties.. it's shocking that I've been even too busy to write these days. Looking for work is a full-time job itself. There's also some good time spent with friends, working on oneself internally as well as externally, and maybe a little dating here and there, which has all proven to be really positive. I have to admit, I was feeling pretty discouraged there for a while and certainly, the financial sitch keeps me motivated, but there seems to be a bit of good karma finally coming my way and without taking it for granted, I've noticed smiling has become more frequent and my head isn't too heavy to hold up these days. It's a nice change.

I also may have started the first season of Dexter because I thought as the last person on the planet who hasn't seen the show, it might be best to find out what everyone was talking about. And Oh. My. God. Did you guys start having dreams about it once you found out who the real Ice Truck Killer was?! I mean, I was trying to tell Dexter, finding, of course, as you do in dreams, that you have no voice and can't remember what you wanted to say, but played out most of a creepy episode created by my subconscious. Upon waking up, felt slightly disturbed, but I can't wait to watch the next episode.

So I'm keeping busy, throwing out the optimistic vibes to the Universe and hoping it responds favorably really soon - even if it did let me down in the US vs Canada hockey game, but the trash talking over texts with my Canuck friends while it was going on was totally worth it.

I'm also putting out creative energy into another direction and auditioning for a band this Saturday. It's something like 60's retro-pop sort of stuff and I really dig it. I love theater, but producing it can make you think that's all there is when there are other ways I can generate art and shine in my own light.. one where I'm a lot more sure of my own abilities. Color me extremely excited!

Anyway, I haven't died or jumped in front of a passing bus yet. Life hasn't become that dire, thank God.. but please cross all your fingers/toes/extra digits for me, if you wouldn't mind.. (primarily for the second interview I think went uber well today and hoping they short-list me or just plain offer me the job - pleasepleaseplease!) or send wine.. or money.. or wine covered in money? Whatever. Neither would hurt.

Off to continue to take on the world yet again!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I admire you for the way you are handling life. I love proactive people!

Alexia said...

Dude, we are going to take 2010 by storm! I just realised something hilarious- we were both FIRED in different ways. You were fired professionally and I was fired, well, literally. The bandages came off yesterday and I don't need plastic surgey or physio- yaaay!
March is going to be awesommmme. April will be even better because (a) My wounds will be totally healed and (b) I'm goin' to Miami!
May the rest of your year go swimmingly, dear!