Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Good karma does exist..

Not sure if anyone else has noticed, but it's my time. Yes, people.. sorry to disappoint you, but your time is over cuz God has seen the proverbial light, even if He had to create it Himself, and decided that my life shouldn't thoroughly suck so much anymore. Hallelujah! Praise Jesus and curly fries! The clouds have parted, I'm hearing choirs of angels, seeing rays of light shining on me (literally, if you read my last blog) and I must tell you, there's something in the air and it smells like happiness and cotton candy.

The prime example of this came late Saturday night while out with Gays of our Lives.. I love my gay boyfriends, don't get me wrong.. they were cuter than what most of Chop Suey had to offer and certainly knew how to dance better than the majority.. Oh wow.. you should've seen the poor children moving about like mental patients without their Ritalin.. it was sad.. like Sally-Struthers-children-with-flies-all-over-their-faces sad.. but I digress..

One of my all-time favorite dj's, Mark Farina, blessed us with his presence and it was such a great release to just move around and jitterbug all the bad ickies out of my system from the last two weeks.. I so needed it.. Upon taking a break since we could barely breathe the sweat-laden, humid air à la Dante's Inferno, a cute guy approached me I instantly recognized from a pub where we both used to work years ago.

Scott: Hey, do you remember me?

Me: Yes, of course..

*niceties ensue - blah blah blah*

Scott: I just wanted to tell you, I think about you all the time..

Me: *shocked* Really? Why?

Scott: Well, remember when we ended up together one night? I was really drunk..

Me: *embarrassed slightly cuz that's not how you ever imagined someone starting a brilliant conversation telling you they remember you but also the fact they were plastered.. badly* Oh.. yeah.. what about it? *wincing for what I thought was going to come next*

Scott: Well, I remember I had a good time with you.. and I woke up and said something stupid like ‛Wow, I was really wasted last night'. And what I should've said, was 'Hey, I really like you, I had a great time with you, can I see you again?'....

Me: *stunned into silence..mouth agape (if mouths can be agape these days.. then mine was)*

Scott: You didn't call me after that so I figured that was your answer.

Me: Um.. no, you blew me off, if I remember right.. I had a mad crush on you.. I think I would've called ..but there was a lot of awkwardness that day and since we both worked for that awful place, I understood what you had going on..

Scott: I think I was sort of an ass..

Me: Maybe.. but that place made us all like that.. I still liked you tho..

Scott: *laughed* Story of my life.. well, that's how I remembered it, but I do feel badly cuz I should've said what I meant to say and I have no idea why I didn't..stupid.. but I'm sorry.. for the record.. and now, you look great, very sexy and cute, and you're probably making someone very happy right now.

Me: *laughing even harder* Yeah.. 3 gay boys.. Story of MY life.. You should give me your number and we can catch up..

By the way, yes, I know.. this isn't quite the hilarious conversation you were all imagining.. but this is part of the story so just deal..

So he uses his phone to take my number and just call me since mine was in coat check and we both thought it'd register the missed call and that'd be that, we could reconnect.. and a bit later, I went up to him and told him not to leave without saying goodbye and he agreed he wouldn't.. but I had to finish dancing.. Literally, 10 minutes later, after my last bit of gettin' down with my bad self, which I must say, I was groo-oo-vin (So good, it needs 3 syllables), and I turned around and he and his friends were gone. I figure, no worries, he probably didn't want to interrupt me.. but when I checked my phone later, no missed call. The call just didn't take.. Yet the guy remembered my first AND last name. When introducing him, I didn't even get his first name right, which at the time, I would've sworn on my own life I knew.. He was very sweet about correcting me, tho I felt like an ass then, but he didn't care.. besides, he distracted me with his cuteness.. and it really has been like 8 years.. cut me some slack!

So ok.. you're asking, uh.. point please? Yes.. getting to that.. the point is, even if he never calls and thinks I've blown him off yet again, which I hope he doesn't cuz he is a really good guy, I got something guys don't offer very often - CLOSURE. And hell, an apology too. Bonus! Who'd have thunk it?! No one gets that 8 years after the fact.. just doesn't happen. I mean, maybe you aren't stunned.. but really, I was.. still am that he had the balls to approach me and say that when he easily could've avoided the whole situation. Maybe he was just trying to set his karmic record straight.. I have no idea..but it really feels like things are happening that just aren't normal for me.. life-changing as it were.. and God, it feels good.. so to whomever is twisting fate around in my favor.. uh.. please don't stop.. and oh yeah, thank you!

4 comments:

Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Awesome post. You should check out Greenie's blog, especially today, if you haven't already. (Linked to from my site.) I don't know you well, but I know you rock based on just this post alone. (Oh, and I have a new posted image you might like too.)

RedKev said...

GREAT blog! Very interesting. Beware of the addiction that someone else already warned you about. Thanks for the spelling correction. How could I have messed that up and in so many places?

I will be back to read your blog. I appreciate your frank nature and lack of bullshit. It is very refreshing.

How did you come across my blog anyway? I find it interesting how people come across things and each other in life. Just wondering.

Thank you for entering the blogging world. I'm sure I will keep posting pictures of interesting sights in Seattle if you want to check back. I have only been here 2 months so it is all still new.

grobar said...

Man I laughed my arse off cause of this post. Note to myself : just push next on the blogger tab often in the future will'ya :-) .

Miss Devylish said...

Ansr to RedKev: Uh.. not sure how you could've misspelled Fremont.. it is everywhere.. but you are new to this fair city and I will cut you a break. :)

I found your blog by hitting 'next blog' on the top right.. it's amazing what you'll find there.. some gems.. some not so much but really weird stuff.. either way, you might find it interesting.. and thanks for the kudos! :)