Pages

Friday, May 20, 2005

Thunderstorms, rainbows & the big picture


This is what I drove up to when I turned on my road home yesterday.. It didn't come out as beautiful as it really was..but it'll do..

It has been pouring here.. thunder and lightning.. like the opening scene in Day After Tomorrow.. I'm waiting for the sign of Noah.. I mean, holy crap.. the last couple of days it seems like God's saying something and maybe only a few of us are paying attention.. I don't know about the rest of you, but I am. Better to be safe than sorry people.. and if there's an ark to be built.. I'm sure as hell gettin' on it.. that's all I'm sayin'.

I've certainly seen better weeks than this last one. I've realized sometimes people who love you will do really stupid things that hurt you anyway.. realized maybe I don't handle those things so well.. ok, no maybe about that.. and goddamn do I need medicated for my pms! Lord.. yesterday I was tearing up over commercials for cotton.. I mean.. WHAT is THAT about?! And on a side note.. why the hell do they need commercials for cotton? Practically every piece of clothing I'm currently wearing and probably you're wearing.. and maybe your boss is wearing has cotton in it.. I use cotton balls for my nail polish remover, Q-Tips to lovingly remove the heinous wax in my ears every morning.. why why why do they need to advertise? Like we aren't hearing it loudly enough, ‛Hey people.. don't you just love that cotton?? Buy more!' It seems a tad unnecessary.. doesn't it? Are polyester and spandex taking over to the point we need to be worried? Am I the only one who's ever asked these questions? Hm.. maybe so..

But I drove up my road after a long day at work, after trying to make a positive move toward this friend in whom I'm sorely disappointed, after thinking this isn't the worst thing that could happen or has ever happened for that matter, and I see this gorgeous rainbow.. defying the fact there's visibly no sun out.. tho I'm sure it's there somewhere, thru the raining of cats and dogs and clouds and rolling thunder and reminded me this is SO small in that cliched big picture.. It sorta gave me a friendly but firm smack on the top of my head like.. ‛Hey don't be an idiot.. see this sort of random prism of light and color? THIS is amazing and incredible.. your problems..? Yeah, not so much.. so fucking get over it already.. Geez!' Yeah, just like that.. and then I laugh at myself cuz I had that little kermit-the-frog-banjo song, The Rainbow Connection, going thru my head and I felt like I was 12 and dorky all over again.. Oh shut up over there. You know the words too.. Don't lie..

The nasty funk I was in is being kicked to the curb and I'm happy I feel better.. Knowing drama is only perpetuated by further creation of drama reminds me I have to learn how to prevent that more often.. I mean I've changed a lot in the last year alone.. but remembering to keep myself from shifting into the drama-queen gear isn't second-nature yet.. It helps to have really good friends around with oh so many many skills of tolerating and listening to me.. I couldn't possibly be more blessed.. really, trust me on this..

1 comment:

Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Miss Devylish, I don't think I ever told you this (mostly cause we don't know each other), but I have this problem. Well, it's one of many, but it's not insignificant. See, I have this HUGE list of songs that easily get stuck in my head. One of which some certain person mentioned in her blog posting. Grrr!