Pages

Thursday, March 16, 2006

7 things - cuz this is STILL faster than writing about Vegas

I've been tagged.. by the cutester Texan. It's not MY fault people. I mean, when one has been tagged, one HAS to respond in kind and follow thru. Not to mention she did this days ago and I'm just catching up which makes me an awful friend of my favorite bloggers.. so I'm required to comply. Besides, this is much faster than the detailed novella I'm writing about Vegas and I will have to hone those brevity skills quickly and decide what is really important cuz goddamn I'm wordy.. as boy knows when he came over last week and I tried to simply tell him the story. About 30 minutes into it he said I needed to find the shorter version and wrap it up. Um.. ya think? Seriously, I have no impromptu editing skills when it comes to the spoken word. Sigh.. it's a process people.

SO.. without further ado:

Sevens

Seven Things to Do Before I Die:
1. Really travel - most of Europe, back to Norway, and Costa Rica to start
2. Stop biting my nails (I'm progressing!)
3. Learn to play the guitar - well
4. Pursue some aspect in film, theatre, or music as a profession
5. Become financially stable/comfortable or just win the lottery
6. Fall in love with the 'right' person in all degrees
7. Find my birth mother

Seven Things I Cannot Do:
1. Be any taller
2. Eat sushi
3. Roll my tongue
4. Become a Republican
5. Be less emotional
6. Love camping
7. Deny myself daily chocolate

Seven Things that Attract Me To Blogging:
1. It's my creative/emotional outlet and saves me from getting writer's cramp
2. I've got readers! And they've become friends! OMG.. it's insanely exciting!
3. I've learned many a new word - thank you dictionary.com and your thesaurus!
4. I'm way funnier here than I am in a journal
5. My favorite bloggers bring me into their worlds I would never know otherwise.
6. I discovered I have a talent for writing that's not too shabby
7. Mundane events become terribly noteworthy when exaggerated into the written word

Seven Things I Say Most Often:
1. Shut up! (the shocked/I don't believe you version)
2. Fuck, WTF, Motherfucker.. or something like that
3. Endearments - honey, sweets/sweetie, dear, baby, babe, sugar, love, tiger, and still Sparky sometimes for that particular person
4. Shocking/Color me shocked (sarcastic versions)
5. Love you (to most of my friends on a daily basis.. just in case)
6. If by ____, you mean ____ (complete exaggeration and nothing at all like the first ____) then yes, that's exactly it.
7. Rad (yes, we already had this discussion that I'm bringing this back, so shut it)

Seven Books I Love:
1. Catcher In The Rye - J.D. Salinger
2. Memoirs of a Geisha - Arthur Golden
3. James & The Giant Peach - Roald Dahl
4. Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal - Christopher Moore
5. Angela's Ashes - Frank McCourt
6. Like Water for Chocolate - Laura Esquivel
7. Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood - Rebecca Wells

Seven Movies/DVDs That I Watch Over and Over and Over Again:
1. The Breakfast Club
2. French Kiss
3. The Princess Bride
4. Chicago
5. Amelie
6. Closer
7. The Royal Tenenbaums

Seven celebs who I would be friends with
1. Ellen Pompeo
2. Reese Witherspoon
3. Adam Brody
4. Margaret Cho
5. Kiera Knightley
6. Natalie Portman
7. Ben Folds

Seven People I Want To Join In:
1. Pixie
2. Ironika
3. Mr. Bloggerific
4. Treena
5. T
6. Adammmmm
7. Doug

*** Pomgirl and Lady Miss you've already been tagged by our blonde conspirator or I would've tagged you..

**** And all the rest of y'all, go ahead, just cuz I didn't have the room to tag you, definitely.. feel tagged! Knock yourself out already... geez!

9 comments:

Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Uh oh, I don’t normally meme it. Can I play 1/7th?

Things to Do Before I Die:
Be published in SOME tiny professional manner so my boy will be proud of me

Things I Cannot Do:
Sing certain songs all the way through because I get choked up

Things that Attract Me To Blogging:
Planting a strange seed of a strange post and seeing where it goes

Things I Say Most Often:
One of the many nicknames I have for my boy

Books I Love:
The Giving Tree

Movies/DVDs That I Watch Over and Over and Over Again:
What Dreams May Come

Celebs who I would be friends with:
Robin Williams

People I Want To Join In:
That is SO naughty! *blushes*

Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Look at that, I cheated and chased everyone off. :(

Sorry Lish

Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Holy crap! I even chased Lish off!

Anonymous said...

I don't even KNOW seven other people who blog! Ahhhhh! Can I just tag you seven more times? :)

P said...

Oh, darlin', I just feel sparkly to be tagged... Now, move along, write more. I impatiently await the next installment from the Devyl.

Miss Devylish said...

I'm here Bloggy.. there was no chasing off. It's been so beautiful here I was away from the computer! Can you believe it??

Treena - no.. you can't tag me 7 more times.. girl.. what are you thinking?

Pixie - my darling girl.. I'm working on it.. I swear!

chindi said...

Catcher in the Rye? I always thought it was one of those "classics" that I couldn't really understand where the "classic" came from. I didn't like the book for some reason. Although, if you've ever read The Sun Also Rises, I'd rather be stuck on a deserted island with abot 100 of the Catcher in the Rye books.

The biggest thing I want to do before I die is see my kids, graduate high school, college, get married and have kids of thier own.

Miss Devylish said...

Doug: How could you not like Catcher in the Rye? The first page is hilarious.. how he rambles on? It's awesome.. Ugh.. I question your taste sometimes boy. But I do like your wish.. that's sweet.

chindi said...

I prefer Dickens and one of m favs is The Great Gatsby.