Pages

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Oh The Places We Will Go!

I'm in the eve of my Friday that's really Thursday and who doesn't love that?? Things are not winding down, but up. It's already been a busy week filled with some good friends, a lot of laughing and unfortunately, a bit of struggle with the day job and men - two things I wish would fall into place at some point, but continue to hang like a dangling carrot and I'm the eager little bunny who gives chase.

Yeah, um.. let me just say.. bunny's ass ain't in shape for that much chasing, ok?

Well let's start off with something positive. That hair that was SO blonde on my head? Got that fixed last week. It's a lovely red brown. RED BROWN! OHMYGOD! That's what I'm supposed to ask for??! *DING DING DING* Idiot. I've been thinking the color I want has no words.. I even resorted to 'You know.. like the color of bark dust.. that dark red, but not really red red? And not dark brown, you know?' Cuz um.. NO, they don't. Just for the record. How simple would it have been to say red brown?? I'll tell you.. pretty damn simple people.

Sometimes I have two brain cells.. and they're fighting.

Anyway, it's a much better color for my skin tone which = pretty girl and I like that. The pieces that the former butcher destroyed have been trimmed to grow out better which = still too short, but it's cute and my hope in cosmotologists around the globe has been restored. Mostly. Til next month, I'm sure.

Now are you just dying to hear about the dates? Well, you can safely not do that please cuz they weren't all that.

I will start and say I met a lovely young man - emphasis on 'young' as he is only 25. Genuine, very sweet, wants something longterm and would be serious.. if I was into him. I do like him.. not drawn like one should be to constitute 'into'.. but cool nonetheless and we'll be friends.

The other.. well, he was attractive, fun.. but there was no friggin connection. And not cuz I wasn't trying. I was like a moth flitting around a friggin lamppost and expecting it to flit back. Yeah.. no flitting and nothing real there.. tho he spent like 4 hours with me.. it was.. odd. I think he was just out to say he was dating and then four days later after my initial 'Thanks for the night, what's up' sort of email.. I got the 'You're great, but we're not a match' reply. Yeah, honey.. sorta got that (and uh yeah.. that's why I emailed.. duh). We were so far from being a match, fire hadn't even been invented yet. That's how so not a match we were. Just to be clear. In case you were still wondering.

I think one of my brain cells has won the fight and put the other in a coma.

But the end of the weekend came and after a significant amount of quality girl-time with the Pixie discussing our slips, foibles, and idiosyncracies regarding men, work, life in general, and all the hurdles we can't seem to get over, there might've been one cute bartender/singer who got my attention.. and my email by mentioning he'd relay his music updates and then has not been so forthcoming as easily as I thought. I think I confused him by directing the chat to Pixie and possibly laughing too much like an idiot at everything that he said. Yeah.. awesome.

But you know where the lack of brain cells came in handy? When it was time for Pixie and I to be entertained properly. Who needs brain cells to laugh? Exactly!

We went to see one of my dearest friends, Keith, in a very funny variety show at the Theatre Off Jackson benefitting this great organization called Clowns Without Borders and the two women who were joining up with this group next year to tour India with their other clowny-type friends. This included, but was not limited to, live acts with British accents where hilarity ensued, tap dance, masked people singing silly songs, funny storytelling, more hilarity sans accents, a raffle and a very exciting live auction of original paintings created during the show by this group of which I forget the name (argh!), but were frickin amazing! And then way more hilarity as the auctioning crescendoed for said art pieces to the point the bidders were actually removing their clothes! Oh it was worth the price of admission just for that! As our bidders kept warring and the price for the last painting increased, we saw a foot raised instead of a hand, then a backside was acknowledged, then a shirt removed, and then her shirt and an ohIdidn'twanttoseethat, and then he removed his friend's shirt and I forget what she did next and then he took off his PANTS and THEN .. so did SHE! And the ENTIRE audience was howling! Pixie and I thought we were going to cry, fall over AND pee our pants, which, to our delight, we kept on, thank you.

Ohhhh... dear.. and then we were exhausted, but smiling cuz you know.. it was a pretty great time. Seriously, the hanging-out-with-me calendar is filling up fast.. you people better get in line.

Well, I'm off for the rest of the long weekend. The married girls from my high school days, all their darling offspring - to which I'm the Best. Auntie. Ever - and I are spending most of the next few days catching up, eating our weight in good food, and remembering what it's like to have friends who've known you for literally 20 years (We'll make sure to toast to you Treena!). Topped with an Indigo Girls concert at the zoo, a coffee/thrifting date with Pixie and fireworks??? Who needs men?? Ok ok.. don't answer that.. we'll get back to that next week.

Happy 4th of July everyone! Hope you find your own 'fireworks' this weekend! Mwah!

2 comments:

chindi said...

Well, I'll have my people all your people and you can pencil me in for some time in 2008. While I can't say much for the hair since frankly mine pretty much stays the same, I can say that 25 is weird. The girl I was dating (and yes I use girl because she seemed like a girl at an "I just turned 25" age). Yeah, not so good.

lady miss marquise said...

Oh missy - you have a helluva weekend as well! I'm going to be getting up to as much trouble as I possibly can, because... well.
I can. Happy US Day and Happy Canada Day and well, Happy because it's Friday Day! xx