Pages

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Sassypants Tuesday

You might think this post is going to be about sassypants, since the title says, 'Sassypants Tuesday'.. but noooooo.. it's about me being sassy and.. maybe.. wearing pants while doing it.. which is not altogether out of the ordinary, but I give you this picture above. Yes I do. It's yours. I know.. I really shouldn't have, but it comes with a string - or rather, a contest if you will. Tell me what you think it is.. or give it a title of sorts.. something catchy, witty, and creative.. something worth getting my ass kicked by Kari who's the owner of this fine whatchamacallit and you, my fancy readers, get to help - name it, that is.. not kick my ass. I am fragile you know, but given the chance, I am a scrapper. I pull hair. So watch out, fyi.

What's in it for you? Oh.. um.. hm.. well, I'll think of something.

Now you ask, what brought me to snapping shots of Kari's garden art? Well, two glasses of wine for starters.. but mainly, this little bug's 4th birthday party.. also cake. Don't forget the power of cake.. I never do.. just like I never forget the children (except when I do and don't mail Christmas presents to Megan til like May, but they weren't really forgotten, they just weren't sent.. til much later past Christmas like 5 months and, oh.. I know, I suck.)... But isn't she a cutester? All four years of her.

And this other little bug, Max, to whom I'm not even related in the slightest, could not be photo-resisted when he gave me this little magician/2-year-old-in-the-hood look. I tell you.. frickin precious..

Continuing on the birthday bent and this backward spiral of storytelling, Pixie and I headed out for a rather belated celebratory girl date drink, or 4, for her 30th anniversary of life on this planet on Friday. It wasn't quite my fault she was in Europe during the exact change over into 30-dom or that there was some reverse present-giving upon her return from her travels which sparkled up my wrist considerably. But, I did my best to make it up to her, sambuca poised for her pending arrival, and anticipated the girl-talk to be had.

Far be it from me to deny myself any special camera opportunities when in the company of the Pixie-ness herself, but to my surprise, after a few unflattering shots were captured by my unskilled push of a very snazzy, but oh-so-slow camera button, Pixie put the kibosh on that and thusly, stole the picture-making device away from my tipsy little hands. You can see that look, can't you? That.. 'Oh dear.. she is an insistent little thing, isn't she?' look. But before I knew it, she was flashing the pics trying to find just the right top-of-my-head shot and somehow, this one, where as I'm doing my best chihuahua growl.. or something to that effect, was the keeper. There's even a little cleavage in there. My gift to you.

And THEN, you know what happened??? The most AMAZING THING! Last Thursday I got a package! Yes I did! And tho it wasn't a box-load of wine or diamonds or winning lottery tickets, it did contain 4, I repeat four, BOXES of homemade Read's chocolates from the fantastic parents of Treena and their legendary candy store. I'm telling you.. order some. Now. Do it. You will thank me later. Yes you will. Cuz you know why? You've never ever had chocolate fudge wrapped in caramel and then covered in chocolate.. have you? Well, maybe you have.. but I hadn't.. and there were lots of mmmohhhhhhhmy's and mmohmygod's around the office wherein I secured my popularity and the undefeated Bringer Of Chocolates title once again. You'd think I'd be all chocolated out by now too with all my choices - each one veiled in either milk or dark chocolate - the peanut butter fudge with caramel and the chocolate covered coconut.. and a bag of licorice that is ALL. MINE. But nope, not sick of it at all. Are you frickin kidding?! Yeah, no.. that could never happen.

Oh! I almost forgot - has anyone noticed my weather pixie? Such the little tart, don't you think? But she fits right in with her sassy platforms and is almost always inappropriately dressed for the weather. Maybe I should name her Pomgirl since she keeps forgetting her coat when it rains (Hee!)? Or maybe there should be more winnings to the person who comes up with the best name for her? Yes, why not! I promise, it'll be something cool and maybe.. chocolate! Oh, did I say that outloud?!

So what have we learned today? Take pictures when you've had alcohol, tease your friends - kindly, but publicly of course, ooo and aww for the children, come up with ingenious answers for my many spur-of-the-moment-just-thought-up-JUSTNOW contests, and take a dip into the happiness that is to be found by way of much cocoa indulgence. Do it. You know you want to.

10 comments:

Ironika Beaverhausen said...

open the window.... i need some fresh fence ? i don't know, but i want my promised chocolate. co-workers ? bah. they don't love you like i love you.

Anonymous said...

First, the pimping of my parents candy - they love you. And, they wish you happy (faux) birthday, again. Okay so they didn't ACTUALLY say that, but trust me, that's what they are THINKING. Also? If you think the wraps were good, you should try the peanut butter velvet. My husband married me solely to ensure his unlimited access to the peanut butter velvet. It's that good.

Second, after roughly 37 minutes of contemplation, Kari's choice of fence adornments leaves me quite puzzled. Therefore, you will get no amount of catchy, witty OR creative from me. Kari, do spill!

Third, Megan's Christmas presents weren't LATE, you silly git! They were early! I only wish I could be on the ball as you!

chindi said...

The window in the fence...I've got nothing with a capital N. All I could think of was looking out on a fenced in world.

As for the weather pixie, I named dancinfairy's so I'll give it a go here too. Right now she looks kind of innocent but could probably be a real troublemaker and since that reminds me of at least 2 of my daughters I will have to go with Rhea (Which is pronounced Ray and is the middle name of my 2nd little girl).

kario said...

Well, I must say, I'm quite pleased that so far nobody can come up with any clever ideas about my window on the fence. Put on your thinking caps, people! And, Miss D, I'm sending you a big fat raspberry for making fun of me.

Miss Devylish said...

Ironika: I like that one actually, fresh fence.. hm.. And yes, you're right. You do love me better, but have you found the man of my dreams?? Um.. no.

Treena: No no.. your parents have it all wrong. I LOVE THEM! I do! And you, of course for facilitating Operation Candy! Obviously, it was a massive success. Duh..

You are also a coward.. Can't stand up to Kari a thousandzillion miles away? C'mon.. I'm the one she's going to smack 2 ways to Sunday.

And I'll tell Megan that.. ;)

Doug: In fact, yes, you do have nothing.. the window in the fence? I know you can do better. You named your children, didn't you? Which, btw, Rhea is lovely. That is a consideration indeed. Thank you!

Kari: You will forgive me, won't you? One day? Don't you know those children of yours only need ask and they shall receive? Was there no remote controlled car? No walkie talkies? I see forgiveness in my future you know.. I do!

Miss Devylish said...

kalebhammer: I love this one - "Let's see the neighbors try to peek in the window NOW".. That's great! :)

P said...

"God never closes a door without opening a window..."

Um, couldn't resist. Maybe only cynical former Catholic schoolgirls can enjoy that one. :)

anywherebutTX said...

Just window shopping for a fence.....

Chocolate in the mail?? So, so lucky! All I ever get is credit card bills!!!

Miss Devylish said...

Pix and Mandy: Damn.. I think you might be tied for first! Those are goood!!

Dustin said...

i hate to be pushy but uh.....it's been 5 days now and I have nothing to spy on you about

get to work girly

....