Pages

Saturday, December 23, 2006

All I Want For Christmas Is Sanity

Ok.. I ask you.. who hasn't been too busy to blog? Seriously, who?! Ok.. so Pixie and Treena and all the other damn over-blog-achievers, suuurre.. but you know, they have cars.. they didn't recently have theirs crushed by a TREE that should've stayed vertical, so they have more time. Or something. Maybe more dedication. I don't know. I have had too much fucking time on the phone with my friends at State Farm Insurance.. and Mr. Car Salesman Guy.. and Miss Rental Car Lady. That's what I've had. And when I've finished, I wanted to throw the phone against the wall. And not in a sexy way.

Things are coming together tho.. but hormone week is kicking into full swing and you know.. complicating matters on all levels.. understanding boys, doing math - ok, at normal hormone levels I can't do that anyway, but still - trying to get things done like.. oh.. buying a car, getting a loan properly, being nice. I'm managing, but ooh.. it's tricky sometimes. That nice part especially. Like.. when one of the State Farm people was trying to review my claim she asked me, "So.. was it your actual car that was hit by a tree?" And you know what my answer was, don't you... "Uh.. as opposed to my fake car? Yeah.. it was my actual car now can you please actually do something about it? Cuz that'd be great."

So then things finally got moving after almost a week of being told they were doing everything they could, which I'm sure was true, but was no less frustrating cuz hi.. still wasn't anything happening over here.. yeah.. me.. sorta got all complainy and firm (shocker) by Tuesday and told them if they didn't get an adjuster out that day that the next call they would get would be from my attorney (like I have one or something). And before an hour was up, I got the call. Car = totaled. Yeah, like that wasn't obvious. But I got a fair amount of money, picked that up today, and I'm just figuring out how to replace the car I lost - and NOT with another Ford so help me God. Mazda3.. here I come baby..

Til then, I'm off tomorrow in a stock Chevy rental to Oregon til after Christmas. Don't drink too much eggnog, y'all.. ok, if you do, just stay away from your drunk uncle.. Hope you all have a fabulous and safe holiday!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ewww...drunk uncles!

That's exactly what I thought when I read that...fake car indeed. Silly people. I hope you got a fair amount.

I'm skipping the eggnog and going straight to the gluhwein. Oh yes...warm and spicy! Bring on the holidays!!!!

Have a GREAT HOLIDAY, friendy friend!!!

Dan said...

Too busy to blog? Me? Never. I'm just sitting in a half-packed up apartment with nothing to do...

kario said...

Hint: don't park that rental car under any trees while you're in Oregon, okay? Just sayin'...

Have a fantastic time, sweetie! Sleep in, have your mommy make you chocolate chip pancakes, get lots of presents, and then hurry back to hang out with me. Love you!

MommyHeadache said...

I'm never too busy to blog, but then I have a fabulous husband who did all the Christmas shopping. I am blessed, indeed. Merry Christmas darling and see you soon.

lady miss marquise said...

Sugar pie, I've been pre occupied with the crazy family, but wanted to drop in whilst I have a few free seconds away from eating and drinking and generally being Good Daughter to wish you a very merry ho ho!
Happy to hear all is starting to come together, sending you much love x x x

Kara said...

hormone week for me too. I feel your pain. I'll bring the chocolate...