Pages

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Whatever It Is, They're Even Smiling About It On Mars..


There is something going around.. and it's not this nasty virus that has stricken everyone I know including Pixie and Irony and made them un-makeout-able.. unless you're their betrothed.. and then you're required to make out with them regardless of the level of sicky cuz you're married or engaged to them.. but I just mean if you're me, you can't make out with them.. not that I would.. cuz I'm straight.. unless I was dared.. and for money.. but not while they're sick.. that is my point. Or.. um.. hmm.. maybe it wasn't..

I feel good. I feel light. And all that = happy. Maybe it's the new year.. fresh starts, new beginnings, change of focus, brighter ideas.. I just feel less weight upon my wussy-ass shoulders. And for Pixie, sugar.. January means that much closer to spring!

So.. there is someone new, there is someone old.. there are many smiles and much giggling and friendships blossoming and chemistry making.. and differences in each who are different players in my life. These are relationships on the cusp of good and true and honest.. and that's exciting and gives me such genuine joy I can't express.. cuz strangely, they're lacking in drama and insecurity, which is a nice change. Not saying I don't have my moments.. we all know I'm a work still in progress, but surprisingly, the drama I've recently witnessed swirling about I've tried very hard to avoid making my own cuz truly, it's not of my making. Yay for improvement! Unfortunately, I was still involved due to the fact that one of my relationships was directly affected cuz a third party, one who doesn't know me personally and who is neither the first or second party in said relationship that involves only the first and second parties, didn't like it. Not that this fact concerned our fair third party cuz it didn't stop the ultimatum from being given.. and it did little for maintaining my level of respect for the second party when he eventually acquiesced. I have yet to find within the pure definition of a friend any place for an ultimatum to be imposed or manipulation to be wielded in my world.. but some people handle their relationships differently. That is certainly their choice, but I would advise those who use tactics of that nature to really think about what kind of friendship exists when those tactics have to be employed at all in order to get the desired results. And.. to what expense.

Moving on.. cuz that's what I'm supposed to be doing.. and that was such a small detour from the road of happy - more like a side street of inconsequence - and.. uh.. I probably lost you there for a second.

ANYWAY..

The new car is happy and shiny. Tho coming back from Oregon tonight, there flew a lone rock from out of nowhere and lo! My first chip so soon! Baby's only a couple of weeks old! Damn you I-5! But we will see what the dealer can do as they seem so willing to make me happy.. Ahh, if only there were more people whose sole purpose was to do that.

But the car - oh.. she's lovely (and we may have named her Fiona.. jury's still out on that tho - taking suggestions..???). She kept me in happy beats all the way down and back to the second Christmas with the family in Oregon. All my extended relatives made it this time - well, cuz Gram said so. And you don't argue with Gram.

So the turkey was oven'd, the cranberries crushed, and the stuffing, green beans, potatoes, and gravy all met once again at the table in merriment - and possibly confusion cuz they were all just there. But to my delight, Gram made candy! Her famous chocolate covered peanut butter balls. And those mean it's really Christmas.. well, in our household anyway. And lo.. there was peace in the world. Could a whole bag possibly have ended up coming home with me?! Who's to say.. hm..

Before I left to meet with the candy-making matriarch, I spent Friday with friends at Spin the Bottle where quite a few of the posse met up... where also I just happened to be ON TIME I might add.. and people noticed, thank you. But after singing the praises of the monthly cabaret that's become a Miss D and Irony tradition, we were showered with a first act of Fairly Hard-To-Sit-Thru Theatre. Um.. yeah. The ones who hadn't been there before found it hard to stomach believe when I said it was never quite.. like this. Thankfully, the second half redeemed the prior portion and besides, the drinks were so stiff, it sort of made up for it. The frites afterwards didn't hurt either.

That is what we call livin' la vida loca here.. oh yes we do. I know you're just biting your lip in anticipation to be included.. and with only a small membership fee of an undisclosed amount you too can join in the fun! Just like our new Brit-In-Boston blogger friend, Emma, an actual Real Writer, who will be arriving this coming Friday night for.. yes! A night out with Miss D and friends! She heard what A Riot we are, what Unbridled Amusement we get ourselves up to every single weekend and she couldn't pass up The Time Of Her Life. Oh yes, it's true. And don't think there won't be stories after.. and possibly the involvement of a government official and a snake bite kit. Oh the adventure of it all! Can you feel it?

8 comments:

P said...

Dude: I'm less than 24 hours away from full recovery...then we can girl date again.

Anonymous said...

First party ultimatums? Possibly. Second party, perhaps under extreme circumstances; but third party? I think that's called chutzpah.
Name that ride: First thought, Miss Devylish's Sassmobile. Somehow doesn't pronounce well tho...

Miss Devylish said...

pix: Yay! Looking forward to it!

art: I see 'chutzpah' as a positive characteristic.. determined and driven. Strong-arming someone, in a situation that doesn't involve them, not really the same thing.. but that's just my opinion.

Thanks for the idea on the car, but she has to have a name.. the sass is always a given. :)

Indiana said...

Sounds like even with the hiccups you have the plan to have it all sorted. Good Luck.

And I don't think Fiona is a good name, it's a little common, and reminds me too much of Shrek

P said...

I vote: Miss Daisy. 'Cuz you're driving her...

Miss Devylish said...

indi: Yes, the plan is eyes forward.. and to smile. A lot.. lately, it's not been difficult. I like that.

And Fiona is common? Maybe in Singapore or Australia my dear.. but here it's quite charming.. yet it only likens to the Shrek character or Fiona Apple.. and I lean to the latter.

pix: Ooh.. Miss Daisy has a nice ring to it.. elegant and classy.. just like she is.. Definitely my new favorite. Thank you!

Ironika Beaverhausen said...

you're so funny ! i have no idea what the ultimatum first party bit was about.... fill me in sometime. when you're NOT DRIVING.

also... friday ? i knew this, yes ? i only wish it was a theater night, but not a sucktastic one. and barca, oh barca. i'll read the paper and see if anything's amuck.

Miss Devylish said...

irony: Well the vagueness wasn't for you sugar.. tho I would've loved to have been.. clearer. Trust me.

Thx for the directional help too! And yes, Friday you knew, I'm still working on specs. Yes, give me some ideas for our plans!