Pages

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Hearty Har Har


Oh the love.. can you feel it? Can you?! Hm.. if you're like me.. not so much. Don't get me wrong.. it's there. I know it is. Mom loves me, Gram loves me.. my goofy brother and all my friends. The cat. Got that covered. But you know.. there's no earthquakin'-rockin-my-world feeling of Valentine's Lucky Charmed hearts and flowers and rainbows and bunnies anywhere in sight. And you know what? I'm ok with that.

I was dating.. and now it seems, I'm not. Both options weren't the right fit, tho they were lovely people. I wished them well and on their way. I had to be honest cuz seriously, I don't know about you, but I can't fake feeling something that isn't there. That would make me the best actor in the world.. and I would be getting a kajillion dollars a day and have personal assistants AND a posse! That's IF I could do that.. and tho I'm gifted people, I'm not that gifted.

I'm not whining. I'm not bitter. In fact, I'm just disinterested right now, which is saying a lot for a girl who's been boy crazy since oh.. birth. I want to be moved.. I want to feel 'twitterpated,' but it's ok that it's not happening right now. I've been trying too hard here. I don't expect any opportunities to fall in my lap, but I'm not going to chase something or someone that just doesn't exist. Or at least doesn't exist today. Girl is focusing on herself.

Boz and I head to happy hour tomorrow to meet new and exciting people, we hope.. or at least have a drink or two and spend time being friends. These are good things. After that is Jamie's cd release party for H is for Hellgate. I'm thrilled for her and not just cuz I know her. She kicks some serious rock n' roll ass. So buy her cd so she can actually get paid for pursuing her dream of making music rather than for working with me.

Friday, Loren and I are headed up north to the land of Canadia where the men are usually gay or one of my exes, but they're cozy nonetheless. There will be a party hosted by the fabulous Lady Miss Marquise where love will certainly be the underlying theme, but there will be no desperation about it. Just a bunch of good friends who haven't seen each other in much too long in a place where the money is worth almost as much as the dollar making the exchange rate a moot point and where the weather is exactly the same and not in the least better - but the objective is that it's a change of scenery and lovely people will be there. So.

Til then my little anti-valentines, don't despair if there's no one to celebrate with. Write yourself a little love note like I have here. Just don't forget: you have you, and dammit if you aren't pretty great. You at least know that I know that. And your mom. You always have your mom. Even if she sucks, your mom always loves you. Trust me on this.

13 comments:

Pomgirl said...

Happy Anti-Valentine's Day to you, foxy girl! xxx

Anonymous said...

Mr. Man will come along when you least expect it and aren't looking for him!
Oh, and dang, I wish I had your social life!

Anonymous said...

Meh - trust me, darling, Valentine's Day is no more exciting than any other day, even if you DO have someone. I worked, he worked, and we said the same I love yous we always do.

Of course, we know I'm a bit cynical when it comes to holidays and gifts and all that, so perhaps my opinion, much like the exchange rate you will be getting on Friday, is moot. :)

Have a fabulous weekend, anyway!

Miss Devylish said...

pom: Happy right back at you Valentines, you world-traveled and pretty thing you! AND person I want to meet very much - first even!

finn: You have a man. I have to have a social life cuz there is no man. But whatever. Grass is always greener, right sugar? ;)

Treens: Thanks sweets.. that made me feel SO much better. Kinda.. Er.. not really. I'm still jealous. :)

Unknown said...

I was so happy my boyfriend forgot all about v day. thank god.

"the b" said...

yay to us singles!

I had a great valentines too with friends, but thank you for this message. Love for oneself is SO 2007.

Miss Devylish said...

lux: Really? Wow.. I'm such a hopeless romantic if there were a boyfriend, he should at least remember, although a kiss makes me weak in the knees would be all that's required.

the b: Yay us! So glad your Valentines was great! I'm glad you're feeling the love this year. I'm serious. Year of the pig is my year. Hope it's yours too! :)

Anonymous said...

Have a fun weekend in Canadaland!

lady miss marquise said...

Oh, I can't wait to see you!
There should always be love, it's what it's all about. We find love in the most unusual places... and I hear you about the indifference. Life makes sense, and things are starting to take shape. Come what may, and in the meantime... let there be lots of love. Even in Vancouver
x

Miss Devylish said...

megan: Thanks dear!

LadyMiss: See you tomorrow! OMG we waited an HOUR for the border. I'm so tired my eyes are shutting as we speak. Yay! Love and more love!

Ironika Beaverhausen said...

happy day of love (i love you always, i can be a little late) !

i'm with ammo, the day's a little overrated. you love the people you love even without the heart underwear or socks.

if you see me on the road, HONK !

P said...

I missed you, girl!

Miss Devylish said...

irony: Yes, late is fine. Like I don't know what that is. And I will keep my eyes peeled for you later!

Pix: Right back atcha honey!