Pages

Monday, November 27, 2006

Baby It's Cold Outside

I tried to take pictures for you outside my cute home (noting to blur any addresses or telling specifics for all you friendly stalkers out there), but they didn't really come out so I found this charming blue snowman for you from some nice person's flickr account who also lives in this fair city.. because hi!! There is snow!

Yes we are lame! Yes we are big babies cuz this is A LOT of snow for us and the town, once again, is practically shutting down at probably barely an inch or two and at 31 degrees, which = BRRRRR!

And wouldn't you know it.. but just a few moments ago.. wait.. let me confirm.. YES! Our heater has broken! AWESOME! Ok.. to be fair, only the fan in the kitchen. It's still working in the living room.. but this is a fantastically brainy layout here I must tell you, with only a fan in the kitchen and one in the living room. God FORBID they put TWO in the living room or ANYTHING in the bathroom cuz you know this BASEMENT apartment is so small! It won't take anything for it to warm up.. except for you know.. HEAT! Why let them be WARM when this house was only built in 1905 apparently BEFORE insulation was ever invented!

*Ahem* A call has been placed to the landlord.. voicemail. Rad.

SO. Back to holiday cheer, however chilly, and a short recap of Thanksgiving where I must show you the game I killed, repeat - KILLED - if not for the interruption of actual food that had been long overdue.. say.. 2 hours and the alcohol was definitely getting to some of us more than others..

I tell you.. we are fucking WORDSMITHS people.. do you SEE the MASTERY of the three and four-letter words?! All over the fucking place! I mean.. we had 'meats' and 'meet'! Fucking AMAZING! Um, I should, however, point out that 'trod', which I had placed, had to be defined for my dear, dear opponents who had no idea what the word meant.. I'm not kidding - not even a little - and again with the word 'clef'. Not that I had to define 'folk' for them, no no. They had that one. I just had to indicate with wild arm and hand gestures, similar to those used in directing landing airplanes, the MASSIVE word play I'd just accomplished landing the F on a triple word score and the K on a double letter score.. both letters worth 4 original points each.. and achieving the aforementioned in previous post, a record-breaking (for me) 48-point word using ONLY THREE LETTERS YES INDEED WHAT A MIRACLE EVEN BABY JESUS WOULD CLAIM IT SO! But you know.. uh.. drunk people.. sort of didn't.. not really.. cuz we were rather in a sad state of starvation and tired of picking at faux appetizers.. thusly dinner was ravaged, RAVAGED I SAY, in just a matter of minutes. Oh it was a frightening site to behold! Like a pack of wild dogs we were..

And THEN........ food coma. Ahhhh...

I love Thanksgiving.

The rest of the weekend was spent tidying while the roommate was away, quality time with Ms. Emma, Feline Princess Over All, and even an official decorating of the tree - Bling style.

Oh.. like you didn't see that coming?? It's so me, which actually might be kind of sad, but seriously, I'm so tired of the needles and the paying of ZILLIONS of dollars for something I only get tangled up in while circling with lights that only sometimes work once every other year.. and blah! I'm done! This is my cute, little, shiny tree that I could hang the very mini ornaments I already had - yes those are mini disco balls, in case you were wondering - and it took all of TEN WHOLE MINUTES! It was fabulous! And it's so fucking cute! And no mess! AND it was only $2.50 at Tarshay (or, for the Americans - Target). Do I know how to bring sexy back or what?!

Now that the holiday spirit has certainly been kindled.. I must leave you for other entertainment. Heroes is on, the dvr is doing its duty and recording but I can hardly stand it for another second. Yes, fully addicted, I'll admit it.. I neeeeed it.. but I didn't forget you, my lovelies. Also, since you have been such dedicated fans, stay tuned for a little surprise at the end of this week.. it's nothing huge. No signature blue Tiffany box or anything, don't get carried away now, but something.. a little different. Til then.. mwah!

***** UPDATE *****

I just want y'all to know for the majority of today it has been 23 degrees. TWENTY THREE! This is NOT a misprint. It's nooo typo. That's 9 (NINE) degrees BELOW FREEZING! This is unheard of! I'm ready for the apocolypse! I mean it's 60 in Chicago! WTF is THAT about?! Has Hell frozen over and the property lines just weren't clear?! Up until just a little while ago when someone gave me the idea to just put on a big pot of boiling water for extra heat, I had my SCARF on! INSIDE! I'm just sayin.. it could get warmer ANYTIME! Like.. now. NOW would be great! Hellooo?? Is this thing on?!

10 comments:

Pomgirl said...

Gah! It has only taken me about fifteen minutes to write this not-very-interesting comment due to the slowness of our internet, and all I wanted to say was: if or when we meet one day can we play scrabble? can we? can we? can we? i love scrabble!

p.s. loving those crimble decorations too!

Amy said...

Online scrabble, Ms Pom!

Miss Devylish said...

pom: Absolutely we can play scrabble! What a fabulous idea! I'm still waiting for your trip to San Fran so we can meet there.. or did you take that already.. and what is 'crimble'??

welshy: That's a great idea!

artmonster: That was Loren's boyfriend who did that.. it was the first word too.. guess who was one of those who'd been drinking.. *eye roll*

lady miss marquise said...

I. LOVE. SCRABBLE!
Granted, I am rubbish at it but hey, I love it.
I remember playing with some friends and someone was confused about "box". And "via". It's funny how a little scrabble scrambles your brain.

And Emma's stocking... I cannot even begin to tell you how much I love it.

(PS - what has the roomate said about the pink glittery treeage?)
xx

kario said...

Save the cheerleader...

Love the pink Santa hat on the top of the tree. Don't let my girls see that or our tree will look like that, too, and S. will have to move somewhere with more testosterone, for sure!

Love the word "wad" on the board. So creative, you all!

P said...

Wow. It scares me but I love it. I have a similar magenta tinsel "solstice tree" that I put out some years... Great minds?

Anonymous said...

Hi babe,
Love your christmas tree. It is also funny that your cat is named after me.

I love scrabble too, maybe we can have a game when I see you. I hope you are not one of those killer players who gets two hundred points every go.

Oh, and as for Pomgirl saying crimble, that is a short form for Christmas in the UK.

Anonymous said...

Where is the surprise?

I am sorry to be so neglectful lately. I'm just so BUSY! I promise I will catch up on you soon!

Miss Devylish said...

LadyMiss: Yes, Ms. Emma loves her stocking. She loves treats more of course. And the roommate didn't say much but we'll assume he likes the tree. ;)

kario: Yes, well MY words were a little better in my opinion. I did NOT choose wad, thank you very much. And I'm SO saving the cheerleader!!!

adammmmm: Dahling - yes! I'm so glad to have you back! Have missed you so as you might expect. Thrilled to see you.. um.. looking so well! Seriously, glad you've come back to us!

Pixie: Yes, sometimes we actually do like the same things.. see?

Emma: No, I suck at scrabble.. it just happened I did well that night, but I was playing against a bunch of drunks. And YAY for your trip! We will invite all the other friends and bloggers and blogger friends and have a fab time! But hey, how do you know YOU aren't named after my CAT?? Hmm?

Treenster: The 'surprise' is up. As I said, it's nothing huge, but just a blog exchange and I'm hosting another blogger and she's hosting me. It was a fun trade and a good exercise. I think I'll do it again. I think you'd like it. You should do it next month!

Anonymous said...

Check out:
http://www.zefrank.com/theshow/archives/2006/11/112706.html

for a quality scrabble bit.

Enjoy!
Corey W.