Pages

Thursday, November 02, 2006

I Say.. It's My Birthday!


Wake up y'all! Are you all paying attention? Today is THE day. Oh yes it is. The day I was born into this world at 10:58pm in a small hospital in an even smaller hick town in eastern Oregon. Welcome to the world, little lamb, someone said.. and since then I've been trying to find my place in it. Thank God there aren't more of me. I think I'm loud enough.

I must say, the Birthday Eve did not start out as the day I would like to remember. The ex who I haven't spoken to in two months sent a drunk dial message via myspace at 1:45am that threw me into an early-morning tailspin. Add to that a co-worker snapping at me rather harshly for trying to help her twenty minutes after I arrived and I had to fight in order to keep myself together. I was starting to wonder why the day turned so sour and if I could manage to turn it around even tho I really didn't think I'd be able to do it. But it was so against the Birthday Law! What curse had possibly befallen me?! This was clearly wrong.

But then I got thru to the end of my work day and I went on a first date, which was a good one - yes it was - and had dinner at my favorite Mexican place in town, mmm.. and before that had cleared up things with my ex, which was positive and we grew or something like that in that call.. you know how those talks go.. and everything just felt so much lighter.. and..

TA DA! TODAY IS NOW GREAT! TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY! WHOO HOO! YIPPEE!

Phew.. just had to get that out..

And now there are things to be done! I'm visiting Fatima and bebe, my newest niece whom I've nicknamed Lulu cuz there's already too many Laurens and she'll understand when she's older and has to tolerate me, and I neeeeeeed to get in the shower cuz I'm late, as usual.. and then Pix and friends will whisk me away tonight somewhere undisclosed as of yet, as in surprise which hey, never sucks on the day of birth cuz that is also a part of the Law of Birthday. Yes it is!

So I'm off to enjoy my birthday. And the law says that you must too! No bad days are allowed by anyone! You hear me people?! Even tho it is completely gray and rainy, that is not bad! Even tho you had to get up and go to work when I clearly did not, that is not bad either. You are having a great day! I can tell these things.. and did I mention, by the way, how fabulous you look? Cuz you do! Oh yes.. trust me on this. YOU rock.. on this day, my birthday.. I do too, of course, but you, my friend, certainly are rockin' right along with me. Cuz I said so. And today is all mine!

Thank you for all the well wishes.. seriously, everyone! Hugs to all of you.. I'm off to enjoy the day! Mwah!

9 comments:

P said...

Happy birthday and enjoy your day, toots. But...be ready on the stroke of 7:10 pm. At your door, dressed. If somone tells you to get in his or her car, do it. No more details.

Unless it's an old, creepy man with a van, making balloon animals and offering you candy. 'Cuz that would be the classic "no" scenario... I wouldn't send anything like that.

lady miss marquise said...

I am breathless with anticipation to see what the night holds...

(I shall be living vicariously through you as I sruggle with my homework)

I send you all lots of big hugs and birthday wishes (now I have the date right)

xxx

Jake said...

Happy Birthday Miss D!

scott said...

Happy Birthday, Miss D!!!

Miss Devylish said...

Thanks everyone! It was more than fabulous.. and it's not even over! I love birthday week! You guys are so awesome! Yay you!

Cameltrooper said...

Happy birthday and many many happy returns MissDevylish

MommyHeadache said...

Hope you had a wonderful birthday darling and fingers crossed that the new man manages to push all your buttons (SO TO SPEAK!!)

Dan said...

Happy birthday.

Indiana said...

Hope the day only get better, and the birthday week has continued to be nothing short of amazing.