Pages

Monday, March 30, 2009

Farewell..


He's gone. My stepfather. Passed just around noon today, a couple of hours after they took out the breathing tube. He'll be mourned by all who knew and loved him. He'll be remembered fondly. 

I'm sad it took so long to warm up to him, but I'm so glad to have known him.  He was gentle and kind to my mother and provided a love in her life she may never have known without him. Still, they had barely three years together.. and I so wanted more for her. That's what I ache for.. the pain enveloping her at this very moment.. that she'll have to process and work thru on her own. It's not fair.

I know Dale didn't want to leave her this way. I know he at least got to communicate with her and say he loved her and goodbye. I know he's at peace and I can only hope my mother finds that soon as well. 

Goodbye Dale.. I hope your heaven is filled with westerns, bottomless coffee, feisty dachshunds and a comfy chair. The world was a better place while you were here.. quirky sentiments and all. I hope you'll check in from time to time on Mom to make sure she's ok. She'll miss you so much. We all will. 

7 comments:

kario said...

Oh, my friend, I am so sorry. Please know that I have opened my heart to you and your mom and I'm sending you all the healing power I can muster.

Buzzdome said...

Still no words for you, friend. That sucks - I'm sorry.

Miss Devylish said...

Thanks you guys.. Hearts hearts..

zymurgy said...

De mortuis nil nisi bonum - Let nothing be said of the dead but what is good.

megan said...

The elegy is beautiful my dear. Hugs and hope to you and your Ma.

Miss Devylish said...

zymurgy: Well, that's easy because there's nothing bad to say.. xo

meems: Thx sugar.. hugs back! xo

Anonymous said...

oh luv, i just caught up on your blog after being away for a while and i'm so incredibly sorry! you write beautifully about him and i wish peace for you and you mom.